prologue

September 13, 2012

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay Harry?" My girlfriend of 2 years, Lillian, kissed my lips briefly before parting ways with me.

"Okay Lil, I love you!" I called after her.

"Love you too!" She waved over her shoulder.

I hopped into my car and headed home.

As I pulled into the driveway, my house seemed strange. It had a strange feeling to it, like everything felt glum and abandoned. I hesitantly placed my key in the lock, turning the knob slowly.

As I pushed the door open, I heard Toccata in D-Minor, one of my mum's favorites, quietly flow through the house. That was a sign that all was well, thankfully.

"Mum, I'm home," I called out.

"Back here, sweetie!" I heard her voice call from upstairs.

When I looked around the house, everything seemed completely normal. Maybe I had just imagined the offsetting feeling outside.

I set my bag on the couch and walk up the stairs, inhaling the scent of cinnamon, the autumn fragrance in our house. Mum was rummaging around in our extra bedroom, looking for something.

"What are you looking for?" I peeped my head in.

"Your father wants to take me out to dinner tonight, and told me to wear the necklace he gave me. I'm trying to find it, but I have looked everywhere and I'm running out of options..." She sighed, lightly blowing up a strand of her brown hair in the process.

"The heart shaped one?" I tilted my head.

"That would be the one. Have you seen it?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Mum..." I tried not to laugh.

"What, Harry?" She was not amused.

"You're wearing it," I laughed as she looked down to find the heart shaped necklace resting just below her collar bones.

"Wow... I must be going crazy!" She laughed and started cleaning up the mess she created in her search.

"Mum I'll get it, you go get ready for your date with Dad." I smiled at her and took over.

"Are you sure, love? I can get it..."

"Mum, go before you 'misplace' something else," I laughed as she stuck her tongue out at me and exited the room.

I cleaned up my mom's small mess and exited the room to do my homework. After I finished, I made myself a bowl of macaroni and cheese and watched television.

Normally I would be out with Lillian, or she would be over at the house, but she mentioned hanging out with her friends tonight so it was just me and the glowing screen of the TV.

I sent Lillian a quick text before falling asleep.

Goodnight love, see you tomorrow.

I didn't wait for a text back before falling asleep next to my German Shepard, Echo.

---

"Hey, babe." I kissed Lillian's cheek in greeting.

"Hey, Harry." She smiled slightly like she always did.

"How was your night with your friends?" I looked into her dark brown eyes.

"It was fun! We baked cookies and made a gourmet dinner of pizza." She laughed lightly.

"Gourmet pizza? From Pizza Hut maybe?" I teased.

"Guilty!" She laughed and her cheeks filled with the light pink that appears when she laughs.

I kissed her lips lightly, but when I pulled away something caught me eye.

"What is it?" Lillian asked, turning around to see what I was looking at.

Nothing was there.

"Uh, nothing. I thought I noticed something move quickly." I smiled gently at her.

She just smiled and bid me goodbye, walking off to her first class. I was just about to get up when I noticed a small breeze, although it wasn't windy today.

I turned around and there she was.

"Hello, Harry is it?" She smiled.

"Yes... Do I know you?" I tilted my head. She was beautiful.

She smiled and shook her head slightly, "no, not yet."

Odd answer.

"What's your name?" I asked her cautiously.

She opened her mouth but was interrupted with the sound of my alarm clock going off, signaling me to wake up.

I opened my eyes and looked around, confused.

It was a dream?

I'd never had such a realistic dream before.

I showered, brushed my teeth, got dressed and picked up an apple for breakfast before heading out the door to school.

--

"Hey babe," I kissed Lillian's cheek in greeting.

Lillian jumped, freezing in place.

"Hi, Harry," she nodded.

"What's wrong, love?" I tilted my head.

"Nothing, I need to go..." She trailed off before quickly leaving.

I looked around to see if the girl from my dream was her, but there wasn't even a slight breeze.

__________

Soooo what do ya think?? This is just a prologue, a background story so I can get the story started! The pic on the side is what Harry looked during this chapter, but the rest of the story is modern day Harry! I hope you enjoyed, please vote & comment!! Also, unless otherwise stated, this story is written in Harry's POV. (: