•chapter four•

Start from the beginning

"I know." I mumbled.

"So, be honest with me. What do you want?" He asked taking me by surprise.

I turned around from the stove and faced him. He sat on the barstool, leaning against the counter, with his arms crossed. He was so handsome and so intimidating. The things this man did to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked nervously.

"Well, last night you asked me to stay with you and this morning you told me not to touch you. What do you want, Danielle?" Skeet's voice got lower and he eyed me dangerously.

I crossed my arms and bit my lip as I thought hard about his question. I glanced at him a few times and he had the same intense glare every time.

"You should know the answer to that by now. I want you." I answered honestly as I looked down at my feet.

"I can sense a 'but' coming." Skeet mumbled as he looked anywhere except at me.

"It just feels so wrong." I whispered as I walked around the bar and came closer to him.

I placed both my hands on his shoulders and leaned my head down to rest on his back.

"But at the same time, when you held me last night.." I paused and gently turned his face so he was looking at me. "It felt so right."

In one swift movement, he turned his body towards me and pulled me into the space between his knees. He placed a hand on the small of my back and brushed my hair over my shoulder, gaining better access to my neck. My breath hitched as I felt his stubble brush against my skin when he left soft kisses on my collar bone.

"Skeet.." I moaned softly as I tangled my fingers in his curly hair.

He trailed his lips up my neck and to my jawline. I ran my hands up and down his back as he made his way towards my mouth. He pulled back, slightly out of breath, waiting for my permission to continue. I stared at his lips and licked my own. Oh what the hell...
I stroked his beard with my thumb and pulled his face closer to mine. We stood there, feeling each other's hot breath, relishing in the way our eyes gleamed. I saw lust and desire in his brown eyes, but I also saw something different, something I had never really seen before.

Skeet finally made the move to join our lips. At first it was delicate and we were only seeking closeness, but it quickly changed when he slipped his tongue through the slit in my mouth. His tongue hungrily explored every inch as I pushed my body against his. He gripped my back tightly causing my boobs to mash against his chest as our tongues danced together eagerly. We pulled away, both gasping as he rested his forehead against mine.

"Fuck, you're intoxicating!" I groaned, in dire need of more.

"And you're amazing, babygirl." He smiled at me as I walked over to the coffee table.

I rummaged through my purse and pulled out my pack of cigarettes. I lit one up and took a long draw, needing something to calm the fire inside of me. I sat down at the island next to him as he watched me smoke.

"There's something really sexy about you and a cigarette, but it's not good for you." Skeet said.

"What are you, my dad?" I chuckled. "Although you're old enough to be." I mumbled the last part.

"What was that?" He laughed. "That's a little offensive."

"Trust me, babe, you don't look your age at all." I replied as I stroked his stubble.

"Thank you, I guess." Skeet chuckled.

I put the cigarette out and started cooking the eggs. When I was finished I put two on a plate with some bacon and sat it in front of Skeet. He smiled up at me as I took my seat beside of him. We ate in silence, not awkward, just peaceful. When we finished, Skeet offered to clean the kitchen up, so I could go get dressed.
I threw on some jeans and a nice blouse. When I came back out of my bedroom the kitchen was spotless and I found Skeet in the living room looking at all the books on my shelf.

"Do you enjoy reading?" He asked, hearing me enter the room.

"Yes, I do." I answered, plopping down on my couch.

"What's your favorite?" Skeet questioned as he sat next to me.

"A book called 'We Were Liars'." I answered rather quickly.

"You're an enigma." He said, thinking out loud.

"And why is that?" I quipped, taking his hand in mine.

"You just have so many layers." He chuckled as his thumb stroked my palm.

I smiled at him and he kissed my lips softly.

"I should probably be going." Skeet said as he made his way to the door.

"Thank you for asking me to stay and for giving me a chance." He smiled at me as his hand clutched the door knob.

"You deserve a chance. Give me some time and I will talk to Jacob, okay?" I promised.

"Okay. Bye, Danielle." Skeet left with a smile on his lips.