The night of a broken twilight

A drop of red trailed down pale skin, leaving a thin line. Brown eyes scanned the scenery around her, fingers loosening as she dropped the arrow that very nearly impaled her.

Where was she?

₦Ø ₦₳₥Ɇ was not a girl for fear or weakness. But still, that was all this clawing feeling I'm the depth of her stomach could be. The landscape around her was constantly twisting, changing from a clear lake into a forest. The only light was a pale purple that shine from the sky.

Ah, the sky. What was the sky? Because it looked broken and shattered, brilliant purple and blues splashed agains a colourless canvas.

She begun walking forwards, her bare feet crunching against leaves and twigs. She felt no wind on her skin, heard no movement from the underbrush. It was certainly not cold, in fact there was no temperature. Just an emptiness.

But still, it felt as though droplets if ice were trailing down her face min the form of sweat. She glanced ahead of her, trying to make out a figure that may have shot at her. But in the ever-changing scenery, it was impossible to see anything.

She kept pushing forwards, her dark ginger hair snagging in branches that seems to appear to get in her way.

She no longer knew what she was looking for as her limbs started moving like clockwork. The more she focused and disassociated from her body, the more prescient a faint ticking became, seeming in time with her own movements.

She reached out, hands pressing against the air as if it was water. She dived through, her hair spraying out behind her as she went, a thin white dress floating away from her.

She herd a thump. And suddenly her footsteps weren't making any noise. She craved so desperately to turn her head, to see whatever it was that had fallen. But her body wasn't doing what she wanted. And she felt she already knew.

And so, she kept moving, just like that clock told her to— what?

What clock? She... didn't know. It felt like her head was splitting as she tried to make sense of it. So she stopped, and relaxed her body. The pain subsided instantly.

She was no longer in a forest, instead floating over an abyss that practically reflected the sky. There was a figure of a boy, floating a couple hundred feet ahead. Despite the closeness, a strange fog seemed to obscure her vision of the boys face. All she could make out were two hollow glowing holes where the eyes should be.

As the made eye(?) contact, she felt a pant of fear settle deep within her, as a force seemed to pull her back, slamming her through what had once felt like water with the force of bricks. The pain was a shock to her system as her vision slowly faded and she fell to the ground with a yet another thump.

And would someone stop that ticking?

Authors note:
Think of this as an introduction chapter, introducing you to the main underlying concept in this fanfic and my writing style. You could consider it a taster for you to decide whether or not you want to complete it.