Chapter 1

It had been one month since Isabelle had seen Simon and she was apparently in a "deep depression". That's what her mom said anyway. She couldn't be in depression! Isabelle Lightwood did not get depressed over boys! But Simon wasn't just any boy, she thought to herself. She was so confused. She had to stop thinking about him! There was no way it was going to work out- he had forgotten her completely and what would he think if some random girl came up to him and started telling him about magic, faeries, warlocks, vampires? He'd think she was crazy! Great. She was thinking about him again. Why couldn't she have been the one to lose their memories?

Enough, she thought. She needed to get out of the institute and do something. She hadn't been outside for three weeks and just sat in bed crying. The one time she let herself love someone, she was the one that got heartbroken.

She got out of bed and shuffled across the carpeted room and into the en suite. She caught a sight of herself in the mirror. Oh my god, she thought, I'm such a mess. She regretted not wiping off her makeup last night. Although she hadn't left the house, it was nice to have something familiar on. She scrubbed her face until all traces of mascara, lipstick was gone.

Finally, she stepped into the shower and scrubbed herself clean with the soap she had gotten for her birthday. She stood there for a while thinking about everything that had happened in the past few weeks. It was all too much to take in- Sebastian's death, Simon losing his memories...

She stepped out of the shower and dried herself off with a towel then she wrapped it around herself. She sighed and walked out of the en suite and to her wardrobe. There really wasn't any anything that she felt like wearing today so after ten minutes of searching, she decided to wear an old dress she bought. After getting dressed she stuffed her feet into her boots and walked downstairs to the old institute elevator.

"Iz?" Said a familiar voice coming from below her.

Dammit, she thought

"Yeah, it's me," She said.

"Where're you going?" Said the voice she now realised was Alec's.

"Just for a walk," This was a lie, she was going to Magnus' to see if he had any way of re-introducing Simon to the shadow world.

"Where are you really going?"

"I just told you! For a walk!"

"Okay, okay." He sounded hurt. She quickly presses the elevator button to go downwards. "I'm just concerned, that's all. You've spent the few weeks in bed, crying. You never cry-"

She felt like crying now, in fact but all she said was-

"Sorry, Alec. I'm just tired, that's all."

He mumbled something and walked away.

She was a felt relieved but also a little guilty. She would never usually snap at her brothers like that but she needed to get rid of him for a while so that she could get to Magnus' without being detected. He was expecting her of course and he'd promised to keep their 'meeting' a secret or else.

The elevator came to a stop and snapped her out of her daydreams. Walking across the hall, she took In some of the paintings on the wall. She had always taken things for granted and had never actually taken time to actually take in the things around her.

She opened the front door of the institute and started down the street. She thought she saw a familiar face walking past but it couldn't have been-? It was. One look at that face and she was 100% positive. It was Simon.

Sorry it's not that good I've never written much before ^_^

Comment opinions?

~ Stalk me! ~

Twitter: @tialawjon

Tumblr: the-phan-comes-from-within

Kik: Thenerdfighterfromidris

Polyvore: tia-lawrence-jones

Instagram: @tiaisnotalive // @nerfighter_from_idris // @phanatic_phans