Chapter 2

Jacob walked around the car and opened the door for me, allowing me to climb out.
   "Elena", the second oldest of the group stepped up, "I'm Bruce Wayne."
   "It's nice to meet you Bruce. Thank you for being willing to take me in", I gave him a smile, holding back my anger at the whole situation.
   "This is my butler, Alfred. He will take care of your every need", Bruce gestured to the oldest man.
   "It is a pleasure to meet you", I smiled at Alfred.
   "The pleasure is mine, Miss Elena", Alfred bowed.
   "This is my oldest son, Richard. He goes by Dick", Bruce gestured to the oldest of the four boys left.
   "It's really nice to meet you", Dick grinned at me, "I can't wait to get to know you a bit better and introduce you to my wife."
   "It's nice to meet you too and I can't wait to meet your wife", I smiled back at him, feeling a bit more at ease.
   "This is my son Jason", Bruce gestured to the next guy. Jason kept his hands in his pockets and nodded at me for greeting.
   "Nice to meet you, Jason", I smiled at him.
   "You're way to smiley. It's fake, isn't it?", Jason kept his hands in his pockets.
   "I would like to ask you to be respectful towards the princess", Jacob stepped forward.
   "Jacob, he was only speaking his mind. Besides, this is the life I'm going to be living from now on so I should get used to it", I gently touched Jacob's arm and he stepped back.
   "Next, my son Tim", Bruce gestured to the third boy. He had bags under his eyes and seemed like the world was on his shoulders.
   "It's very nice to meet you, Tim", I greeted and held my hand out. He took my hand to shake. His own hand was cold to the touch and shaking.
   "Nice to meet you too", Tim nodded.
   "And last, my son Damian", Bruce gestured to the last boy. He was my age and his arms were crossed over his chest. He had the purest black hair and his eyes were somewhere between blue and green.
   "It's nice to meet you as well, Damian", I held a hand out to him. He looked at my hand, scoffed, and turned around. He walked inside the house and I dropped my hand.
   "Don't worry about him. He's just not social", Dick explained softly.
   "I'm not worried", I replied.
   "Well, anyway, the only one who will be staying here at the same time as you is Damian. The other three have their own homes", Bruce explained, "Now let's show you to your room."
   "Before we do, I must get going", Jacob sighed.
   "Do you really have to?", I asked, trying to hold back the tears again.
   "I must. Me being with you would make you easier to find", Jacob shook his head.
   "I don't want to stay here alone!", I finally broke down and threw my arms around Jacob, hugging him tightly.
   "Oh, Princess", Jacob hugged me back, "You aren't alone. I promise. While they don't live here, Dick, Jason, and Tim all visit often. They'll quickly become your friends, I'm sure of it. Plus you'll be going to school, so you can make friends there."
   "It's not the same! They aren't you, or Cole, or Cara!", I sobbed, burying my face into Jacob's chest, "They aren't Mother and Father."
   "Princess, please... this is for your own protection", Jacob moved his arms away from me and I felt arms wrap around me from behind, pulling me away from Jacob.
   "No! I don't care about my own protection!", I screamed and thrashed against whoever was holding me. I didn't want to be left behind. I didn't want to stay with these strangers. I just wanted to go home and go back to how everything was before. I watched Jacob climb into the car and drive away. I sobbed and whoever was holding me let me go only long enough to lift me with their arms under my knees and back. I looked up to find Jason. I just gave in and quietly cried as he carried me to my room.
   "You okay?", Jason asked softly as he set me on a bed.
   "No", I hiccupped.
   "Look, I know it's not easy, but I promise it's not as bad as it seems. Damian can be a jerk but once he really opens up to you, he can be kinda nicer. He had a rough childhood. We all did", Jacon sighed, "Sorry. I'm not good at this."
   "Thank you for even trying", I mumbled, sniffling.
   "Yeah. Well, Dick is gonna bring you clothes", Jason walked towards the door and slipped out just as Dick walked in.
   "So, don't tell Damian, but I stole one of his shirts and sweatpants for you to use as pajamas until you go shopping tomorrow. I also grabbed some clothes my wife left here last time we stayed", Dick set the pile of clothes down, "Damian and Alfred are taking you shopping tomorrow."
   "Thank you", I mumbled softly and Dick nodded.
   "I can't wait to see you again", Dick smiled and walked out, shutting the door. I was too tired to care about much so I picked up the pajamas I had been brought. It was a plain black shirt and a pair of dark grey sweats. I changed and climbed into the bed. I didn't care that the sun was still out, I just wanted sleep. Sleep claimed me rather quickly.