The Triwizard Tournament •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•¥•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Start from the beginning

The silence that had fallen over the Great Hall earlier disappeared, and now the Hall erupted into s loud applause. Professor McGonagall unrolled a long scroll of parchment.

"When I call out your name, you will put on the Hat and sit on the stool," She explained to the first-years. "When the Hat announces your house, you will go and sit at the appropriate table."

"Ackerley, Stewart!"

Stewart walked forward very skakily, obviously nervous. He picked up the Hat and sat down on the stool.

"Hufflepuff!" the Hat shouted.

Stewart took off the Hat and walked hurriedly towards the Ravenclaw table.

"Baddock, Malcolm!"
"Slytherin!"

"Branstone, Eleanor!"
"Hufflepuff!"

"Cauldwell, Owen!"
"Hufflepuff!"

"Creevey, Dennis!"
"Gryffindor!"

"Pritchard, Graham!"
"Slytherin!"

"Quirke, Orla!"
"Ravenclaw!"

The line of first years dwindled gradually, until the very last of them was a boy called Kevin Whitby.

"Hufflepuff!"

Then Dumbledore stood up tall, everyone's eyes on him. He was smiling widely at the students, arms open wide as if he were about to huh them all. Knowing Dumbledore, he probably would if he could.

"I only have two words to say to you," he said. "Tuck in."

"Hear, hear!" I heard two boys say from the Gryffindor table.

Food appeared on the golden plates, people were scrambling towards it to get their share.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•¥•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"So!" Dumbledore said, still smiling at everyone. "Now that we are all fed and watered, I must once more ask for your attention, while I give out a few notices."

"Mr Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden inside the castle has this year been extended to include Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs. The full list comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items, I believe, and can be viewed in Mr Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it."

Dumbledore looked as if he found this amusing, the corners of his mouth twitched.

"As ever," he continued, "I would like to remind you all that the Forest in the grounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year."

"It is also my painful duty to inform you that the inter-house Quidditch Cup will not take place this year."

My mouth dropped open.

'Outrageous!' I thought. 'Absolutely outrageous! Why would he do that?'

"This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy - but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts-"