Chapter 2

Penelope POV:
When I got to the 'my table' in the cafeteria I saw my friends laughing "what's up?". They got quiet immediately and then Stacey started talking "did you hear that little Josie Saltzman has a crush on you? Isn't that funny?".

I laughed "yeah, that's hilarious. Like, I don't think I could ever go for somebody like her. She is too...", I started but never finished the sentence. Stacey butted it again "annoying. She is just an annoying little puppy following her sister around every day."

I looked at Josie and saw her leave while looking at me. I sighed "well, I guess that's true. I just don't do relationships.".

Then a girl whose name I can't remember commented "omg, you should make her fall in love with you! Then just crush her heart like it doesn't mean anything. If she says 'I love you' before school year ends, I'll give you something special.", she winked at me. "She has to say it first though".

I stared at her in shock, then started laughing "is that a challenge? I'll make her fall in love so deeply she won't know what hit her."And with that I walked to my next class.

——————
Josie PoV:
When lunch was over I had another class with Penelope. When I walked into a classroom I sat on the seat near the window and looked at the time.

I was 10 minutes early, so I decided to listen to some music. •Into You• by Ariana Grande came on and I started singing it quietly. I didn't realize that someone came to the classroom until I opened my eyes and saw Penelope. I quickly took off my headphones and blushed.

When she saw that I was embarrassed she just came closer and apologized "I'm sorry, I didn't want to interrupt you. You sound amazing by the way. " 'WHAT THE F-!!!! DID SHE JUST COMPLIMENT ME!!! AM I DREAMING' I was freaking out in the inside. "Thanks" I said and smiled even wider.

Penelope looked at me for a second before saying "wait...... Aren't you the one that bumped into me today?" I took a deep breath, 'I have this, I won't mess this up'. "Yep, you smell nice" I said before I realized what I said.

"I mean... What perfume are you using? " She chuckled at my rambling and smiled at me "I don't use perfume. " she said and winked at me.

Then the bell rang and she asked something I never thought she would ask "can I sit with you? " I was so excited and I showed it maybe a little too much. "YES!!!! " I screamed and mentally slapped myself. She sat next to me and I couldn't stop smiling.

After class I got ready to go and started walking, but then Penelope stopped me "hey, can I get your number so we can hang out? You seem like a cool person." she asked and this time I just stuttered  "y-y-yes of course" and wrote it down on a piece of paper "here you go" I said and left the classroom.

I was so happy that I ran to Lizzie and pulled her into my room. When I told her what happened she looked at me smiling "next thing you'll know you are going to be dating, I'm telling you. " Lizzie said.

"No, she probably won't even text me." I said. Then suddenly we heard a phone go off. I got a text from unknown number.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
???????????
Hey, is this Josie?
Me
Yeah, who's that?
???????????
Oh, sorry. It's Penelope. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out for a while?
Me
Sure, meet me at 5 pm in the kitchen?
Penelope 😊
See you there ;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yooooo what's up?