Chapter 4- a man's love

Começar do início

Mr. Smith sighed and took a few minutes to think before climbing into his car.

"Get in"

He said as I felt myself flood with relief and I clench my bag strap before climbing into his front seat and closing the door.

There is another brief moment of silence then he starts the car and pulls out the parking space.

"Belt. "

He demands and I nod reaching for my seat belt and strapping in.

I felt the car buzz as I looked to the passing traffic lights and cars.
The city was alive at this time as the Sunday to rest.
The night sky falling upon our damned lives.
I felt my eyelids grow heavy as I rested my forehead against the car door.
My backpack clenched to my chest as I tried not to fall asleep for I knew I'd only dream that single nightmare.

Mr. Smith glanced over to me and noticed my fatigue, he sighed and clenched the steering wheel.

"Eren"

He called my name sweetly as if waking me up, I turn my face to the side looking to him with calm wide eyes.

"Yeah"

I respond softly which caused his eyes to widen and clear his throat.

He's never seen me so vulnerable before
And as much as I hated it, I had no other option. I rather let my pride down for one evening with Mr. Smith than that raven bastard.

"Are you hungry?
I think I was a little too over the top with you today "

As on cue, my stomach growled and My cheeks lightly flushed, embarrassed to ask for anything more, I softly nodded.

Mr. Smith nodded back as a way of confirmation before pulling into the nearest McDonalds driveway and ordering food.

After twenty more minutes, we finally reached his house as I was done with my meal and sipping on some cola.

He lived comfortably in a large cozy mansion
It held a pristine gate and Victorian theme which led to my jaw dropping once we pulled into the driveway.

I looked over to the blonde as he stopped the car, flabbergasted.

"Just how much money does a high school principal make??"

I ask in awe. He chuckles sweetly opening the car door and climbing out as he responded.

"Not enough. "

I followed him to his front porch, gawking in the view of the large and neatly kept home.
I was behind s h o o k.

He's the mafia

I think to myself as he jiggled out his keys and unlocks the front door, holding it open with one hand as the other arm had his coat drenched over, which I didn't even notice he had taken off.

"welcome to my abide "

He smiled softly as I blush a little and walk inside looking around.
I wouldn't think that a principal would be so kind to the same learned sending the history teacher to medics.