"I'm Liz,"

"I'm Scarlett," she half smiled.

"Did you get into a fight recently?"

She nodded her head.

"Yeah, a girl tried to have her way with me last night, and refused, so we fought, but she won. Luckily, she didn't rape me," she responded.

"I'm sorry...what are you in here for?"

"For stealing diapers and food for my sisters. I'm the only one who can take care of them right now, our mother is in rehab for cocaine, and we didn't have food, and my sister needed diapers. I was so desperate," she responded in a sad tone.

I felt sorry for her, she immediately looked away from me and stared at her feet.

"What about you?" She asked, turning her gaze back at me.

"Skinny dipping in a stranger's pool," I responded embarrassingly.

She giggled. We continued talking for awhile, we even sat next to each other and ate lunch, but barely eating and more talking since the food was terrible. By the time it was 3:00 I began to grew irritated and pissed at the fact that Chris still hasn't made it to get me yet. I sat on my bed, playing with my hair. Scarlett had fell asleep in her cell, so I had no one else to talk to.

"Elizabeth Marcum!" A police shouted. I quickly got up and rushed to my bars.

"Yes?"

"Your rides here," he said.

Finally Chris is here. The officer put on my cuffs, Scarlett woke up and waved at me, I sent her a smile. As we made it to the front, the cop took off my cuffs and pointed at my ride. I was surprised to see that it wasn't Chris. It was Ricky. Things got awkward.

"Ricky...what are you doing here?" I asked, still confused why Chris hasn't came to get me.

"Nice to see you too...he called me and told me what happened and said that he was busy with something, and asked me to pick you up," he replied.

"But why so late?"

He shrugged.

"He said he had a long night and he woke up late, did you eat?"

"Not really,"

He nodded his head and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and led me to his car. As he drove away, he took out a cigarette, offering me one. I took it, and he lit it after his.

"I'm sorry about last summer," he spoke.

"Don't even bring it up, that was a long time ago, it's over with now, besides you shouldn't be sorry, I should be, and I am. Especially for not telling you about me and Chris,"

"I know, but I meant for telling him about us...I mean it's not like we were having an affair, we just fell in love with each other, and that's it, but still," he responded.

I nodded my head. We arrived Apple Bees and ordered our food.

"So, skinny dipping huh? I didn't know you had a wild side to you, " Ricky said jokingly.

I giggled and shrugged my shoulders.

"I didn't either, but that's what alcohol do to ya," I responded.

"Fuck...I need to replace my phone," I added.

"Why?"

"Because, I lost it last night," I responded.

"Well, we can replace it after we finish eating and then I'll take you home," Ricky offered.

I nodded, thanking him. Our food finally arrives and we eat and talked during our late lunch. By the time we finished eating, we went to replace my phone and then took me home. I thanked him, and went up to the front door, ready to confront Chris about last night.

Once I opened the door, Chris was in the living room, watching Dexter. He turned off the tv and stared at me.

"Did you have fun on your date with Ricky?" He asked.

"It wasn't a date," I sighed.

"He was supposed to drop you off right after he picked you up from the police department, it takes 45 minutes to get there, and it's been almost two hours since he got you, so what did you two do?"

"He took me to Apple Bees because I hadn't ate, and then he took me to replace my cell phone, calm down,"

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down, Elizabeth, you went out, got drunk, did whatever else last night, went to jail...that's not you," he got up and walked towards the kitchen and grabbed a beer.

"Well, I'm sorry, I didn't know I was supposed to have permission to go out,"

"Whatever, you're so immature," he said taking a gulp out of the beer bottle.

I scoffed, and walked towards my room, packing up the rest of my stuff that I left here since I come over often. It's time to go back to my apartment and have some me time. Once I finished packing, I called a cab and dragged my stuff behind me.

"Where do you think you're going?"

The cab was already outside, it beeped it's horn for me.

"Home," I replied, reaching for the door, Chris grabbed my wrist, he was hurting me.

"Chris, let go! You're hurting me!"

"You're not going anywhere!" He screamed.

"Yes, I am now let go of my fucking wrist!" I demanded.

He slaps me.

"Don't fucking curse at me again!"

I immediately grab my face and gasped in pain. I slapped him back and pushed him away from me, I went out the door and got in the cab and went home.