Jennys fear

Previously...

the scene changed, we were in a meadow, there was a pretty stream and the sun was high. also, Jenny was on fire.

Roses POV...

Instinctively I ran to the stream to get water, what with - I don't know. Mickey started runny behind me and i think 10 was trying to catch butterflies.

When I got half way to the stream though, I stopped. so did Mickey. Jenny was laughing.

I turn to look at her, and when I do I have to take a step back. Jenny is flicking her arms around in no apparent pattern, and the fire is moving with her.

"How-how are you doing that?" I wonder out loud.

"I don't really know, all I know is that I am" she grins.

As she says the she flicks her hand hard and fast to the sky. the fire shoots up her arm, reaches her finger tips and travels a few meters before disappearing. She repeats this motion, but this time, the fire shoots straight from her outstretched palm.

"Wow" is all I can manage.

I am becoming aware of 10 hiding behind my back. I pause, turn, ruffle his awesome hair and attempt to comfort him.

Jenny seems too enthralled by her newfound abilities to care what we where doing, I couldn't blame her, I would be to.

Jenny repeats the action again, but this time, the fire only reaches one meter, if that. She frowns and try's again, obviously putting a lot more force into it than she had the first 3 goes.

I expected to see the fire rage higher than ever, but instead it didn't even make one meter. you'd be exaggerating to call it a foot long!

Jenny was getting visibly distressed; with every pound of her hand into the are, the blasts depleted.

I decided to go to her.

"Jenny? what's wrong?" I ask.

She ignores me and try's again. this time, only sparks crackle at her fingertips. she try's again and again, until... Nothing. she fall to the ground in defeat.

"Imagine" she starts in a small voice, looking at Mickey and I. "imagine, you had power. you could do what you wanted with it, and it was yours; I don't mean power like money or status, but I suppose that counts for many people; I mean to have uniqueness. To have a power that no one else has, except in books.

then imagine, slowly but surely, that power is stripped away again, and you're left with nothing. Which is what you had to begin with.

That is my fear"

I look at her, and place my hand on the left side of her chest and feel her hearts beat.

"You're a timelord. There's not much a lot of people wouldn't give for that" i say.

She looks up at me in realisation.

The scene around us changes again. my hair is whipped by wind, the grey atmosphere strikes me. it is so intense. the grey waves wash up against the grey sand. the grey clouds rolling over head. We look to be in some sort of bay. 10 bursts into tears.