Full Moon Adventures

Beginne am Anfang

Unknown to her, James and Sirius had their hands slapped over Peter's mouth as they tried to stand as still as they could. The poor bloke had accidentally stubbed his foot and cried out in pain. Of course, since Iris wasn't supposed to know that they were sneaking around after dark, they had to keep as quiet as they could. Silently, the trio watched as her narrowed eyes skimmed over their invisible forms before turning back around on the couch to get comfy again.

They all mentally sighed in relief before waiting a moment longer to start moving once again. They shuffled as quietly as they could across the carpet and watched Iris with careful eyes to make sure that she wouldn't notice them at all. To their delight, they made it to the portrait hole to finally leave the common room. The three of them slipped out of the room without any further accidents at all. Though they seemed to forget that Iris was quite the observant person.

The redhead listened to the almost silent click of the portrait hole swinging shut. She waited a moment more before jumping up onto her feet and making her way towards the exit. Iris waited a moment and listened through the painting to see what she could hear. There were some hushed voices speaking quickly together that slowly died down, from walking away from the door, Iris thought.

After waiting to make sure that whoever had left wouldn't see or hear her, Iris swung the door opened as quietly as she could and hoped out of the room. She checked both ends of the hallway to catch a glimpse of whoever had left and was able to see someone dashing around the far right corner. She could also hear the slight scolding voices that reminded her of some of her best friends.

Though she shouldn't be surprised! The Marauders were known for their pranks and they have to set them up the night before, so she should have suspected that it was them sneaking out. The question was though: Why did they sneak past her? She would think that after all this time, all the pranks that they have played together, the boys would have included her on most, if not all, of their pranks. Well, she'll just have to ask them about that as soon as she found out what exactly they were doing.

###

The journey through the castle for the boys was smooth. Despite the hiccup with Peter in the common room and almost getting caught by Iris, their journey was smooth. They didn't run into any teachers or prefects looking for troublemaking students like themselves. There wasn't much of a need for the invisibility cloak that night which is why they decided to not use it as they approached the archway that leads to the outdoors.

Unbeknownst to the three of them, their mischievous redheaded friend was following them at a distance as she kept to the shadows. Her sharp brown eyes were narrowed as she watched the trio leave the school and start trotting down a path leading away from the school. It was midnight, she knew that, and was unsure if it would be completely safe for them to be outside. Especially if they were heading close to the forbidden forest. Now she was all for getting into dangerous and exhilarating situations, however, she can kind of draw the line when there are too many factors playing against her.

It was dark. Pitch blackness blanketed the grounds and caused a chill to take over every inch of the school grounds. If the boys were going outside on their own, it most certainly is a recipe for disaster, in Iris' mind. And not the kind of disaster that they usually were the cause of because of their pranks.

She followed them stealthily through the cover of the shadows. Her curiosity was obviously getting the better of her. Iris was certain that she would come to regret staying up this late, but she thought that it would be worth it in the end. To see what exactly the boys were getting up to would be ideal. She also couldn't help but notice that Remus wasn't with them. That was completely unusual. That boy was usually there alongside the others, either partaking in the scheme reluctantly or trying to stop them from doing anything too rash.