Unfortunate Recordings

"Henry... this is your watch!? "
Detective Joe Martinez looked at Henry with big eyes.

Silence.
Henry couldn't think of an answer. What could possibly get him out of this mess?

"What?" Detective Hanson looked up from the front seat eyeing him suspiciously.

An Emotion of horror washed over Henry's face to fast for anyone to notice.

"You must have dropped it." Joe handed him the watch.

He stared at her dumbfounded.
"... Thank you"

"Try not to go contaminating the crime scene, Doc.
You don't want us thinking you are the killer, right?"-Hanson said jokingly.

"... Now that would be shocking..."
Henry let out an in audible sigh of relief. Thank God, they didn't notice.
--
Timeskip-Back at Abe's shop
--
"Henry, don't you think it is time to fill in Martinez? An unkillable psychopath is after you!" 

"Abe. He is not after me he is just trying to make a point. That he is the same as I." Henry argued.

"Yes! By killing my beloved father and himself. As I said a psychopath...
Frankly I believe it is time you tell her. If this goes on she will find out sooner or later, or get killed in the crossfire."-Abe looked at Henry (vorwurfsvoll).

"I will think about it. OK?"

"Yes you should."

"But now to a different topic, we have to find the gun. I am positive that it has to be at the same place the cap drowned...
I am going to take a swim."-Henry

--
Meanwhile at the precinct
--
"Does anyone have an idea what could have happened in this cab? " Joe tried to avoid making eye contact wit Lt. Reece she hadn't any idea at all. The whole case seemed controversial.  At first, why a sword and an antic one as well. Maybe it was some kind of ritual, who knows? Secondly, he's the first victim. But there had to be a second one indicated by the scratch marks all over the back seat. Someone tried desperately to get out of there. But who... the forensics didn't find any trace of an body, either he has to be alive or he got dragged out in the water. Thirdly, why? But the why mostly comes with the murderer.

"Hanson!"
"ah, well... As far as we know the killer enters the taxi and kills driver Raji (n) by piercing him with an antic sword/knife, whatever.

Scenario one: the killer miscalculated the movement of the cap and crushes in the river, which wouldn't explain the missing bodies or why there's  a gun's patron and broken window.

Scenario two: he deployed the driver's body somewhere and then proceeds to pic up another victim. He dumps the victim with the cab in the river while somehow escaping. What would explain the scratch marks inside the cab but not the gun's patron and broken window or what happened to the passenger's body." Not bad Hanson, but both scenarios seem unlikely. Ah this case is so infuriating but scenario two... Oh sheet Reece looks at me.

"Scenario two seems more plausible because it shows a motive, but not why he is taking the cab. So either Raji was his target-which wouldn't explain why he picked up a second victim or it was the second victim who left scratch marks all over the cab.
Still none of this makes any sense!"
Joe continued.
" But..."
"But... What?"

"Why would he steal a cab if he just wanted to kill a single person? He obviously knew where the person-second victim- would be, so why not just shoot him there?" - Joe felt a headache coming, ahh this case.

"Well, maybe he had a grudge against the person and wanted him to drown. Or he had other motives!"-Hanson

"What motives?"-Lt. Reece turned to Hanson.
"ahem well I don't know yet."
-
"Martinez I have something! Normally these caps have CCTV cameras or recordings to ensure the drivers saftety." She looked at the tech woman surprised. "They survived?"

"Mostly, I spoke with the cab enterprise, the water damaged the camera files. Nevertheless the audio recordings made an backup while crashing in the river. Damn lucky. "

"Do you have it yet?"-Joe couldn't wait to get this mess solved.

"They wanted to send it to me immediately."

--
Slight Time skip
--
"Finally, there he is killed!"Hanson let out a sigh earning three disapproving looks." You no what I mean."
He pouted. "But we can't hear the attacker's voice."

"Let it play, he has to say something eventually."

Martinez and the others were completely focused on the audio not wanting to miss anything of value.

<<-------------beginning of recording------

...... *quiet classic music from radio*.... *cab stops* *doors opening, somebody gets in* "Lower Eastside Staten and pacific (AN: I know this is wrong couldn't understand it though) "

"Hello Henry"... >>

"There is the second victim-Henry, what a coincidence, Morgan took a cab yesterday evening as well." Joe was slightly disturbed. This could have easily happened to Henry or anyone taking a cab.

Hanson noticed her distressed expression.
"Calm down Joe he is fine, even if he sat in this cab I am convinced he must have suffered some kind of injuries. But we know that he has none, remember he was swimming this morning, naked!"-Hanson

Joe calmed down seemingly. There was really no way Henry could have sat in this cab. She felt stupid for even considering the possibility, she saw him this morning after all!
He surely would have mentioned something if he almost drowned after being kidnapped.

"Let's just hear the rest." Joe said getting the atte tion back to the tape.

<<..." buckle up, I wouldn't want you to get hurt"... *loud classic music* *car starting* >>

"That's our murderer!"
"Thanks for the commentary Detective Hanson, we wouldn't have noticed."-stated Lt. Reece in a slightly annoyed manner.

<< ... "Stop the car! Stop it!"... >>

That sounded like Henry's voice. She couldn't be wrong!
Hanson seemed to have shared the same thought as Joe. They looked at each other trying to figure out, if they were right, which they couldn't be.

The little room was filled with loud classic music accompanied by traffic noises- short honks, squealing tires. And the killer's low and irritating voice.

<<..."I was there the night it premiered. The audience was alive with Mozart. I have so much to tell you Henry. But you ignore me."

"Fine, fine we can talk but just slow down somebody is gonna get killed!"

"That's the idea... See I figured it out. You don't think I am immortal. Guess I'll have to prove it. "

"NO, No don't do that!! I believe you!"
... *gun shot* "Noo *glass splittering* ooo" ...
...
... *loud music*
...
*scream*
*impact/collision *
--------------------- end of recording-------
>>

Silence filled the room. Nobody dared to say a word, they were in shock.

"What was that?" Martinez didn't want to believe her ears. It was Henry's voice. Probably. But, it couldn't be he's alright. Even though the quality wasn't the best and mixed with  loud music, it was Henry's voice!

_________________

AN: Hey thanks for reading :) this is my first story on wattpad. I'm sorry for any Grammer or spelling mistakes i am not a native speaker. Even tho feel free to correct them.

So as I said this is my first story but I'm not sure if I will continue it.

But if you want it to continue I will be happy to do so.

Have a great day!