Chapter 1

Y/n POV

I walk to school with my sister, Ritsuka. It's been a while since I moved in with her and her mom. I was taken in by them a few months ago when I told Ritsuka's mom my mother sent me to watch over Ritsuka from any devils and vampires. Ritsuka didn't have a clue about why I moved in, or that I was even her half sister. See, I told her mom that it would be safer if she didn't know until she found out about her fate. But in secret, I was planning on taking the Forbidden Grimoire for my father, Lord Maksis.

Once Ritsuka and I got to school, we found out that she had to go to see the student council. I of course followed in secret. As Ritsuka walked into the Third Library, I heard singing. My body stopped for a moment, and then continued, stopping at the door and listening into the conversation. I heard who I assume to be the student council president, Rem say something strange to Ritsuka. A moment later, I felt a powerful essence come from inside and then heard foot steps, so I hid behind the door before stepping inside the room. The four of them look over towards me, causing me to smirk.

"Who are you?" The one standing across from me, whom I'm guessing is Rem, asks.

"Question is, who are you all really? Because I find it weird that you decided to ask Ritsuka here for no real reason. Unless you were after the Grimoire." I explain my thoughts to them. My smirk grows when he sends me a glare. "And before you ask how I knew about the Grimoire, you're looking at the daughter of Maksis. You remember him, right? The demon king that your father sealed away. But hey, I'm not holding any grudges, infact, this mission of mine allows me to show what I'm really capable of to you, my father, and my mother."

Rem glares down at me even more. "You aren't going to beat us to the Grimoire." He says, the other three make remarks I don't even bother paying attention to.

"Really now? Because I already know where it is. And you only have one, tiny little clue. Let's face it, the vampires have a better chance of finding it before you do." I can tell that remark hit a nerve on all but the purple haired one in the back. I smirk once more before turning and walking towards the door, pausing for a moment.  "For now, I, Y/n L/n shall be on her way."

-=Time skip=-

After school, Ritsuka and I got home and found the front gate and garden a mess. We ran to the back door to see Ritsuka's mom on the ground with the house a mess and strangers inside. I knew instantly it had to be the vampires who did this, I just didn't think they'd be here this soon, which means I have less time to do what I need to do.

"Mom!" Ritsuka says in a panic trying to go inside.

I stop her from opening the door. "Ritsuka, if we go in, we'll probably make things worse. We should go call the police." I explain to her, and she pulls out her phone. She stops for a moment when she realizes it doesn't have reception and starts running. I follow behind her.

-=Time skip=-

How did we get into this mess?! I thought we were going to Azuna's place, but we ran into vampires on the way there. Just as I almost blew my cover, Rem arrived and saved Ritsuka, asking her to stay at his place for the night. I tried to refuse, but it was obvious I was in a losing battle, so I decided I might as well come with them. As I listened to the rubbish Rem was saying, I felt something soft rub up against my leg. I looked down and noticed Roen was rubbing up against my leg. I smile a little at the small Pomeranian and picked him up.

Ren left the room and Ritsuka turned her attention to Roen and me. "What a cute dog." She says, putting her hand on his head so she can pet him.

"Agreed. And I believe his name is Roen, or at least that's what the tag says." I say, pointing to his name tag.

"I hope mom's safe..." I hear Ritsuka say.

I pat her head. "Of course she will, or do you doubt my words?" She shakes her head and smiles at me. I smile back before looking back down at Roen. "It's probably best if we go to bed. Can you go ask where our room is?"

She quickly stands up and walks to the door. "Ok, I'll be right back." Ritsuka says before walking out of the room.

My undivided attention turns to Roen, who was now licking my cheek. "Hello Roen. You can transform now." And as I said, he transformed back, kissing my cheek. My face was red.

He pulled away and smirked at my face, which caused me to turn away with a pout. "Miss Y/n, it's been a while."

"Yeah. Anyway, let's try not to make any contact with each other infront of Ritsuka or the student council unless it's absolutely necessary." I says sternly.

"That's fine Miss Y/n." I smiles at Roen. He was the first person I became friends with. I was only getting the Grimoire for him.

"For now, why don't you transform back and leave before Ritsuka and Ren show up." He nods and transforms back into his dog form. I giggle as he quickly licks my cheek and leaves the room.