Itchy Teeth

Itchy Teeth

"Stop it!" Evan cried out in exasperation as he pushed away his best friend since first grade, Anthony, that had started edging towards him again. Anthony pouted, even as he retreated back to his own chair at the other side of the table with the snacks he left his seat to fetch in the first place. It was already midnight but they were still studying, or more accurately, HE was studying while Anthony fooled around trying to make him lose focus. Evan always detested how Anthony never studies yet come out first in class whilst he had to cram everything in his head just to get second place.

It was probably due to his recent intense cramming sessions for the upcoming exams that he now had this insane headaches that made him feel like his head was splitting apart. It didn't help that Anthony seemed determine to bother him till he paid more attention to him like a child trying to have his mother's full attention.

"Evaaaaaaaaan~ It's so boring, can't you study later and play with me now? These questions are really easy anyway!" Anthony whined, flopping on the table, arms stretching out to cover Evan's notes. Evan finally looked up, only to glare at the other even as he tried to push the offending limbs away. Just as he opened his mouth to retort back however, he flinched as the pain in his head spiked.

"Ow"

Anthony immediately straightened, looking over worriedly as Evan massaged the side of his head to try and lessen the pain. "What's wrong? Is your head hurting again?"

"No, it's just a headache." Evan replied but Anthony was already at his side, pulling him closer to take a look at his head as his hands ran through his hair. Evan sighed, rolling his eyes as he let Anthony check him over. Get a head injury once because he did not feel the need to tell anyone he was too dizzy to dive and now the other took any symptom he felt seriously. Granted, it resulted in 6 stitches and a hospital stay but really, he was older now and he knew better.

Just then, another wave of pain hit him, making him flinch and resulting in Anthony tugging his hair. A familiar shiver went down his spine and he froze before trying to get out of Anthony's hold. "D- don't tug my h-hair..." he gasped trying to push himself from Anthony.

Anthony frowned, tightening his hold on the other as he tried to take a closer look before freezing all of a sudden. Worried, Evan opened his mouth to ask whether the other was alright when the pain in his head vanished, and he found himself sighing and relaxing bonelessly into Anthony's arms.

"What the hell?..."

"What?" Evan asked as he tried to see what was wrong with his head.

"...Evan, you have a set of doggy ears. Actual animal ears that just popped out of your head." Anthony stated in bafflement, easily letting Evan out of his grasp in his shock.

"Wha- WHAT?!!" Evan exclaimed as he scrambled towards the nearest reflective surface, and there right there were a pair of black wolf ears at the top of his head that Evan knew weren't there before. Evan looked at the ears in confusion, hands reaching up to gently prod one of the ears to check- yup, those were actual ears attached to him.

"How on earth did this happen?" Evan murmured, staring as his ears twitched in the reflection as his hands stroke them gently. sending a pleasant shiver throughout his body.

Just then, he realised that Anthony had been quiet for an unnervingly long time and looked behind to check on the other, only to pause as he took in the way Anthony himself looked. The once dark grey eyes were now red, and he had this hungry look in it. A very hungry look.

"Are those real?" Anthony's playful tone was there but his eyes told a different story as his wolfish gaze raked over him. With unnatural grace that reminded him of a predator on a hunt, Anthony glided closer to him even as Evan found himself subconsciously backing away slowly. "Listen to yourself talk! Why are your eyes red?" Anthony paused at that, glancing over at the same reflective surface he used earlier to study his new changes as well. If he was surprised, it did not show on his face as turned back to Evan barely a moment later with a shrug. "Probably the same reason you have those ears, speaking of which..."