Levi walks around his desk to sit on his chair and I go to sit on one of the two chairs opposite the desk. Before I can sit down Levi speaks up:

"What are you doing?" he stares up at me.

"Sitting?" I motion towards the chair.

"Sit here," he purrs while tapping his right knee.

"W-what-" I blush.

"Tch, don't make me repeat myself, brat," he sighs with annoyance.

I shuffle my way over to him and sit on his right knee, facing the desk, one leg on each side of his knee.

"Tch, not like that," he huffs, picking up my right leg and using it to swing my body sideways until my feet dangle over his left leg.

"I-I'm heavier this way," I mumble, aware of how close his face is. This shouldn't freak me out as much as it does considering he's laid his head on my lap twice and we're not strangers, but sitting in this position which resembles him princess-carrying me is making my face completely red.

"I don't care just shut up and stay where you are," he complains. He tucks the chair in effortlessly with the both of us on it and uses his left hand to pick up a pile of documents off of the desk. He leans back and hands them to me.

"Read them," he orders, watching me as I do.

There are three letters in total and they seem to be in order of when they were received. Levi's name is written in block capitals on the front of each one with no other context.

"There's no stamp, so someone in the HQ sent these?" I turn and ask him, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Seems that way," he sighs, nudging me to continue.

I open the first letter and read the contents.

"I know what you did in the underground.

Don't think you are pardoned from your sins just because you changed - no one is.

I want to watch you BURN, Levi Ackerman."

"What the fuck is this?" I shift myself slightly, turning back to face forward, leaning backwards and tilting my head to lean against Levi's.

"I got this before the fire. I had no idea they would've set that house on fire, I would never've let you stay there if I knew," he hooks his arm around my waist and lifts me further up his knee but leaves his arm around me.

The second one is just a distasteful letter explaining the arsonist's annoyance that Levi is still alive.

"At first I thought they just didn't like who I used to be, but the third letter showed that that wasn't entirely the case," Levi adds before I open the third and final letter. It reads:

"You ended everything for me.

I will get revenge for them."

It's short but enough for anyone to grasp what they mean.

"Is there anyone from the underground here, besides you?" I ask Levi, throwing the letters onto the desk before leaning back into Levi.

"Not that I know of," he sighs, slightly leaning against me as well. I grab his left hand with mine and sigh while I play with his fingers.

He's only wearing his white shirt and black trousers, so he's not even ready to leave today but that doesn't make me feel any better though.

"I'll be back, idiot," he reassures me. The depth of his voice vibrates through me and I let out a shaky sigh. "Tch... come here," he says before he helps me make a 180degree turn, allowing me to straddle him. He places a hand on my cheek and pulls me in, kissing my nose before hugging me. "You really are an idiot for getting worked up over this."

"But you're the idiot who's being overly affectionate towards me," I retort, still in his embrace.

"It's hard suppressing your emotions you know, cut me some slack, I only want to show you," he explains, and he tightens his arms around me.

"You're so honest," I giggle.

"Cut it out," he groans and chuckles lightly.

After a beat, Levi sighs and runs his hands down my body. "You know..." he trails off and whispers in my ear. "If you want me to stay, just say the word," he nibbles my ear.

"Levi, now's not the time..." I trail off. He starts kissing down from my ear to my collar bone, peeling my shirt away from my skin in order to get access to my collar bone.

"It's always the time, (Y/N)," he mutters lewdly against my skin whilst running his hands up the sides of my thighs.

I pull away from him, totally red in the face making him chuckle.

"I barely did anything, baby," he squints his eyes slightly, tilts his head and runs his hand through my hair.

"Okay, that's, it," I stand up, forgetting there's a desk behind me, and hitting my back, making Levi chuckle. I blush even harder, leaning forward, quickly pecking him on the lips and scurrying towards the door. "I'll see you later," I point at him, leant back in hair chair like royalty with a rugged smile on his face. I quickly leave the room and hurry to my apartment to get ready to visit my mum.

*Wow, so many time jumps*

I forgot how much I love going on picnics with my mum. They're always so relaxing and sweet, with today being no exception. It's still mysteriously warm considering its now November and while rain definitely looms, waiting to fall, we're going to take advantage of the sun while it lasts.

"So, how come you're here today?" My mum asks, lounging back on the crosshatched blanket next to me, as we sit on the outskirts of the neighbourhood park, all the while eating strawberries.

"I just felt like coming to see you," I smile at her, grabbing an apple from our basket.

We watch the young kids play football together and their respective parents cheering them on.

"Oh look, (Y/N)! That's Michelle from down the road," my mum points to one of the women on the side lines, looking disgruntled at the excitement of all the kids.

"Oh my god, she's different," I frown, taking another bite from my apple.

"Rumour has it she has a lover within wall Sina," she whispers to me.

"SINA! No wonder she looks like a whole new person. Does her husband know?"

"No, but her kid does."

"Oh," I grimace. "Poor guy."

We fall back into silence for a while, just enjoying the cries of laughter from the football and the sound of the birds.

"Hey, mum," I catch her attention. She replies with a hum of acknowledgement, allowing me to continue. "I told you that I would tell you if there was anyone important in my life, and so, I guess that's what I'm doing now," I awkwardly explain.

"The last time you came I didn't get to finish what I was saying either but..." she trails off before turning to me. "(Y/N), I'm engaged."

"EH? To who?! Don't tell me it's Mike because I never liked him-" I ramble.

"No," she laughs. "You wouldn't know him. Maybe the three of us can have dinner together one night? And maybe you could bring this important person with you as well," she offers, lingering on the words "important person" to tease me.

"Yeah," I grin. "Sounds good."

[A/N]

1840 words in total and it took me around 3-4 hours to complete like tf

lia x

Protector | Levi Ackerman x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara