"is that what you all think i'll do? you're scared to say things to me because you think i'll lose it and kill someone."

she shrugged and tried to offer some sympathy, "i don't think everyone is scared of you, i doubt thor would be, even though nobody knows where he is."

"rogers is afraid of me," delilah spoke quietly, embarrassedly, "i found out this morning, i found out more than i wanted to know, i guess."

natasha seemed rightfully confused, "how did you find out? did he just up and tell you?"

delilah shook her head, "i can see people's fears, if i really focus in, it scares me sometimes."

"read my fears." she demanded, the blonde girl beginning to wonder what was up with these people and wanting to get their minds read, maybe she should start charging money.

another heart breaking answer, immediately she began to hurt for the ex-assassin, she had been through a lot.

"you're afraid that the people you care about will start to see you the way you see yourself, a monster, a murderer."

slowly, the russian nodded, confirming everything delilah wished wasn't true.

"you and me are one in the same, everly. we're both murderers, no matter how beloved people try to make us feel."

quietly and uneasily, the everly girl dismissed herself and scrambled back to her own room where she struggled to get herself ready for what she promised herself wasn't a big ordeal, even when she knew that it was.

as she fiddled with her hair in front of the studio mirror, her mind couldn't help but to drift back home to her previous boyfriend, not that steve was her boyfriend or anything. it was liam she remembered, but how could she forget? liam who didn't believe in marriage, liam who claimed he would rather die before having any children of his own or adopting. delilah forced herself to push the image of him and everything he said and did out of her mind, it was nearly seven and in the words of none other than steve rogers: "she had bigger fish to fry."

she was up at the roof by seven, but she was met with way more than what she was expecting.

he stood there, a perfect smile plastered on his face with a few strands of blonde hair falling out from where he tried to comb them back. another tight, navy blue shirt adorned his chest and torso, it seemed to cling to every crevice between his muscles like it was made specifically for him, he completed the ensemble with grey sweatpants and american flag socks, delilah thought they were adorable but she would never tell him that, she would have to pretend they were dorky and stupid.

steve was standing in front of what looked to be a giant white bed sheet turned into a screen that was sitting in front of a projector, he had made them their own little drive in, minus the driving part.

"you didn't have to do this, you know." was all that she could say, beyond overwhelmed with the lengths he had gone to for their "date."

"but i wanted to, i haven't been on a date since dinosaurs roamed the earth." it was a lame attempt at humor but she still laughed because she liked him.

"i love it, steve, i really do."

"thanks," he smiled brightly before sitting on the blanket he had covered in pillows for the two of them, "i stole the screen from clint's children and they haven't asked where it went, so i kept it."

"nice," she laughed, taking a seat next to him, "i had no idea captain america stole from children."

before the silence had a chance to settle, steve quickly pulled a dvd out of the pile, jurassic park. "i've never seen it, tony said it was stupid but funny, plus i just made a dinosaur joke."

"but the joke was stupid, where's the funny?"

"i am hurt," he pretended to be wounded, "but i will forgive you because you are cute and i'm scared you will hurt me."

delilah just smiled and yawned, pretending to not notice that he called her cute, but she did in fact notice. her hands reached upwards when she yawned and steve's eyes caught on a line of inked words that was nearly under her breast, he wanted to reach for it, but decided with the placement of it, he didn't.

"you have a tattoo?" he asked, cautiously, not wanting it to be another weird touchy subject.

"yeah," she just smiled and laughed, this one was safe, "i got it after i tried to kill myself, just to-"

"hold on," he cut her off, delilah then realized he wasn't there when she told the story, "you tried to kill yourself?"

she nodded reluctantly, neither of them noticed they hadn't even started the movie, "after my mom died, i was really low, like so low i don't even want to talk about it. to make a long story short, i threw myself off a bridge, but seeing as i'm some sort of immortal freak, i didn't die."

"what does it say?" he asked, pointing to where her tattoo was inked into her tan skin.

gingerly, she lifted the cream sweater to show the words, this too shall pass.

"you can touch it," she almost laughed, "it doesn't feel any different and you won't hurt me."

the next moment he was cautiously running his hand over the words, feeling overly sympathetic for the girl who everyone thought should die.

"i like it." he smiled after awhile, he seemed so focused on the point, "thanks, ollie picked it and i just stuck with it. do you have any tattoos?" she asked nervously, hoping maybe he would have one.

"nope," he shook his head, "i'm completely clean."

if delilah didn't feel so bad she probably would've laughed, she didn't tell him that she actually had two. not because she was embarrassed, she was proud of her tattoos because getting them hurt really fucking bad. eventually he ditched the topic of tattoos and started the movie, it began to roll up on the curtain and didn't look awful.

throughout the movie delilah found herself nearly falling asleep, her head nearly leaning onto steve's shoulder but she snapped it up right before they touched. after the seventh time it happened, the super soldier caught on and wrapped a muscular arm around her shoulders and pulled her into him.

"you can sleep, i don't really mind,"
he assured her, rubbing up and down her arm, "i don't really understand the point of this movie either."

delilah agreed, "yeah you should've picked something good, like legally blonde."

their conversation died out as the blonde girl began to drift off to sleep, lulled by the rhythm of steve's breathing and the screams of the dinosaurs' victims, a chaotic way to fall asleep. when the movie ended she still had not woke and steve did not have it in him to wake her himself.

so he scooped her up the way he did after he nearly knocked her out in the field that day, and carried her to his room, lying her body on the bed before crawling into the other side, letting her sleep.