☾7

conflicted looks good on me.

- - -

Three days has gone by since the rooftop moment and yet, he couldn't get her out of his head. He lacked comfort– yes, but was it possible that he already loved her? He shook his head at the thought, that's clearly impossible considering the fact that he just met her a while ago.

Awsten sat down in his front porch, both of his hands deep inside the pocket of his coat. He wanted to be alone for some time; alone from his dog and cat. Just to be alone in general. His feelings were all over the place and he couldn't get it right.

He was conflicted, very conflicted.

"Awsten? Why the fuck are you out? It's freezing," He looked up, seeing Jawn climbing out of his car. The red-haired boy locked his car and walked towards him, sitting beside his friend, "Are you okay?" Jawn asked, rubbing his gloved hands together.

"Not really. I mean, with all the album stuff and the Y/n stuff, I-" "What do you mean "Y/n stuff"?" Jawn interrupts, furrowing his eyebrows. Awsten sighed, "I don't know, Jawn. She's just- she's different, you know?" He said, tapping his feet on the small staircase. Jawn hummed, "How come?"

"Her smile," Awsten mumbled, clenching his hands into fists. His cheeks and the tips of his ears were tinted in a pink hue as soon as the image of her smile flashed through his mind. Jawn tilted his head, red hair brushing off his shoulder, "What about it?"

"It- it makes me feel sappy– no, happy. Jawn," He looked at his best friend, his mismatched eyes shining through the cold weather. "She makes me feel happiness. Genuine happiness." He didn't want to admit it, but she made him feel safe again. Her smile was enough to make his knees weak. Awsten was scared, he feared that he might get hurt again; he didn't want to risk it but with her, he wanted to do so.

"Listen, Aws," the red-haired said, cutting off Awsten's train of thoughts. Awsten tore his gaze away from the wet grass and to Jawn, who sympathetically looked at him with his brown eyes, "I know that you barely moved on but it doesn't hurt to try." Jawn had a point but it was a anxiety in him that held a barrier between him and Y/n.

Awsten sighed, looking at Jawn with a small smile on his face, "I guess so, yeah," He chuckled and Jawn punched his shoulder playfully. "You know I'm always right, you psycho. I've seen you look at her, been a while since you smiled genuinely." The red haired boy smiled, rubbing his hands together.

The night came by, Jawn had to go back to his house, and Awsten was left alone with his pets again in his small house. After that talk he had with Jawn, which seemed to punch some sense into his head, he just laid down on his couch with The Office playing in the background. His eyes were glued on the ceiling as he breathed in slowly, trying to clear out his mind.

Suddenly, he heard someone knock at the door. He sat up, running his hand through his blue hair as he tried to make himself presentable to who it was at the door. As he opened the door, he was greeted by the cold wind and a smiling Y/n, with Geoff and Otto behind her.

"Hey, Awsten with a 'w'!" She giggled.

Awsten felt his heart flutter softly at her actions. He smiled and patted her head, "Hello. What're you fuckers doing here?" He chuckled as he stepped aside, ushering them inside. He took Y/n's coat off, hanging it on the rack as Geoff and Otto hung theirs. "I was showing her around and Otto suggested we'd hang out with you." Geoff replied at Awsten, who nodded at him.

Otto and Y/n already disappeared in the living room, playing with Awsten's pets. Geoff grabbed Awsten's wrist, tugging it before the blue haired boy can even step inside the other room, "Jawn told me. Are you sure?" Geoff asked, worrying about his friend's fragile state. Awsten smiled, looking over his shoulder at Y/n–who was carrying Jet in her arms as she cooed the pretty black cat around.

"It'll take time but," He looked back at Geoff and nodded. "I've never been so sure in my life."

- - -

Awsten's eyes trailed on Y/n as she sat on the floor, the side of her head was rested on the couch while her hand was softly patting Jet's head. Geoff and Otto left an hour ago and Awsten offered to drive Y/n back to her house, considering it was just three blocks away from his. They were watching The Office, since it was Awsten's favorite.

He could hear her humming. It was soft and relaxing. Awsten laid down on the couch, his head facing the back of her hair. She smells of strawberries and apples, Awtsen thought to himself as he closed his eyes.

As Awsten slowly drifted into slumber, she turned her head towards his face.

His long eyelashes were grazing above his cheekbones, his nose and cheeks were tinted in pink–presumably because of the weather outside–and his blue fringe was almost covering his eyebrows.

He was hurt, she took note of that. Jawn and Geoff told her about how they broke up, how Awsten was pained because he made an album for this girl, in which he dedicated his love and life, but then it all was just thrown away.

Her hand, involuntarily, moved towards Awsten's head. She blushed as she ran her fingers through his silky hair. She pushed back the hair from his forehead and smiled softly at him before kissing his forehead.

"You're gonna be alright, Awsten." She assured and rested her forehead on his. She closed her eyes, hand still caressing his hair, and slowly wandered off into her own dreamland.