☾6

a/n ; thank you for 1k reads!👼

you are lovely.

- - -

   Awsten yawned, stretching his arms into the air as he did. The past week were just him procrastinating over songs and then having writer's block. He didn't blame himself though, he's been in so much pain and pressure during that week. In the dimly lit room, the pencil tucked in his fingers was about to fall off while he fought the urge to close his eyes.

"Awsten?" He heard a soft voice calling him out. He forced his eyes open, looking over his shoulder to look at the direction of the voice. Y/n stood by the doorway, two mugs of coffee in her hands. Awsten smiled weakly at her, "Hey, didn't know you were still here."

She walked towards him, placing the mugs beside the music sheets. "I was just checking up on you. Geoff told me you hadn't left this room since lunch," She said as she pulled a chair to sit next to him. What she said was true, Awsten locked himself in the studio to brainstorm about the album's name and content in it– but he ended up only overthinking about how much of a "failure" he is.

Awsten chuckled, "Yeah, I was busy-" "Procrastinating is never pretty, Knight," She replied, bringing the mug to her lips. Awsten looked at her and tilted his head, "I'm sorry. I'm just- I can't move on, you know?" His voice was little yet it echoed throughout her ears. She sighed, setting down the mug on the table, "How badly did she hurt you?"

"So bad," Awsten smiled, placing the pencil down on top of the clean bond papers. "She used to be my world. The very light of my universe. I wrote her songs about her being the yellow to my blue," He referred to his hair and she smiled. "She just- I loved her too much." His voice cracked at the very end, making her frown.

"Do you know whay time it is?" She asked, Awsten looked up the clock and his eyes widened. "Shit, it's 6am in the morning?" He stood up, cleaning the table but then she placed a hand on his arm. He looked down at her, "Come with me." She said, taking her mug and walked out of the room.

Awsten followed her, closing the door to the studio. She was walking towards the exit but she didn't walk downstairs, she went up. Awsten furrowed his eyebrows and continued to follow her, walking up the stairs.

Once they got to the roof top, she pushed the door open and Awsten hissed at the bright sunrise. Using his arm to shield his eyes, he saw a smile glazing upon her lips. "Whenever I'd feel sad, I'd go up to the rooftop of my house and watch the sunrise. Come, watch it with me." She gestured for him to walk by the railings, which he did.

He saw the beach, the waves crashing in with the shore in a calm manner, he saw the sand glimmering with the light by the sun, and then– he saw her smile. Her lips were kinked up to the sides, her lips were pale and yet he found it beautiful. "It's beautiful, yeah?" She asked, her eyes glued on to the slowly rising sun.

"Gorgeous." He replied and turned to the sun.