"Roger and Rebecca," the room echoes and Roger wraps his arm around her as Freddie takes a sip of his drink.

"Now," he speaks again, "Can I ask my good friend Mr Brian May to join me please?"

The crowd parts to let Brian through and Rebecca feels her eyes water with tears again because she knows what the two of them are going to do.

Someone from the hotel brings out a stool for Brian, who adjusts the guitar's strings for a couple of seconds before looking at Freddie, waiting for his cue.

"Mr and Mrs Taylor, we love you and this is for you."

Roger steps out onto the dancefloor as Brian strums the opening chord to the song, holding out his hand for her which she wordlessly takes as Freddie starts to sing.

"Love of my life, you've hurt me..."

They move to the centre of the floor where Rebecca wraps her arms around his neck while he rests his hands on the small of her back, pressing her close to him as they gently start to sway.

As they move, Rebecca's hands gently toy with the hair on the nape of his neck, which makes him sigh happily though her face flushes when he moves back slightly to twirl her under his arm before both hands are holding her securely and he's dipping her back towards the floor, which earns them some more cheers and hollers from their guests. It's probably John.

He changes the positioning of his hands when she's standing upright once more; putting one on her waist while the other takes hold of her hand and Rebecca happily rests her head on his shoulder.

People say that your wedding day is one of the happiest of your life and when Roger starts singing along with Freddie in her ear, Rebecca starts to see why they say that.

||-||

The reception slowly starts to wind down at around one thirty but by the time the two of them make their rounds and say goodnight to everyone, it's going on two and Rebecca has never felt so tired.

She's danced with so many people; aunties and uncles who she hasn't seen in years (and doesn't quite know how Freddie managed to find out their phone numbers and get them here), her mum, Roger's dad and Sophie - who took all of the credit for her relationship with Roger because if I hadn't invited you to that Smile gig, you wouldn't have met Mary who, if you hadn't met, wouldn't have introduced you to Freddie who introduced you to Roger.

Which technically, is true so Rebecca lets her tell that story to everyone they speak to.

And finally, when they last minibus full of guests takes off for the night, Roger tells her that he's booked them in here for the rest of the night and she lets out a relieved sigh and pulls him in for a kiss.

"My hero."

All the way up to the top floor, Rebecca's got her head on his shoulder and when he opens the door to the room, he stops her before she can step in and before she can question him, he sweeps her legs out from under her.

"Rog!" she gasps, wrapping her arms around his neck, "What are you doing?"

"Carrying you through the door!" he exclaims, "Romantic, isn't it?"

She kisses his cheek before he's tossing her gently onto the bed, which she's quick to lay down on, "Oh wow, this...we need to get a bed like this."

"Don't think it'll fit in the flat, love," he answers, undoing his bowtie.

"Not for the flat," she says, "Four our house."

"Oh," he nods, even though she can't see it, "Then yeah, we'll get a bed like this for our house. Love, you're going to crush your dress."

Rebecca groans but knowing that he's right, she stands and turns around so he can help her but she smiles when she feels his lips follow the zipper down her back.

As the dress falls to the floor, she steps over it and returns to her spot on the bed, just in her pretty white underwear - much to Roger's amusement.

"I know that traditionally, we are supposed to engage in some sexy time," Rebecca yawns, making him laugh, she has never said that in her life, "But Rog,"

"Shh," he whispers, kissing her softly and she hums. He tastes like expensive champagne and her hand rests on his chest, where she can feel something in his blazer pocket.

"What's that?"

"Hang on," he hums, as he stands straight again. 

Rebecca watches him pick up her dress and go to the wardrobe to get a hanger so he can hang it up and after he's done that, he takes a small folded up piece of paper from his breast pocket which is what she felt. 

She watches him shrug off the blazer and hastily undo the buttons of his shirt, muttering about how he absolutely hates wearing them and then once he's free of that, he picks up the note again and crawls onto the bed beside her, still in his fancy dress trousers. 

"I wrote a couple of things down last night," he whispers, holding the note out to her, "Promises and I was gonna read them to you at the ceremony but I didn't. Wouldn't have got through them, would I?"

"Well read them to me now," she says eagerly, pushing the paper back to him, scooting closer so she can rest her head against his chest. 

"Okay," he clears his throat and unfolds it. 

"Hang on," she interrupts before he can speak, reaching over onto the bedside table to pluck a tissue from the box that's there, "Right, ready."

Roger kisses her, unable to help himself. She just looks so perfect laid out beside him. He can't quite believe he gets to call her his wife. 

"Rog," Rebecca giggles, pushing his chest lightly and he nods. 

"Right," he looks back down at the paper while she gets comfortable against him once more, "Rebecca Anne Taylor, I promise to support you in every single thing that you do. Now, we both know that you don't need me to fight your battles but I promise, that if things get ugly and you need me to step in, I will." he pauses for a brief second to clear his throat, "I promise to always make you a bacon sandwich when you're hungover and I promise to always give you my jacket, even times when I've told you to bring your own and you've ignored me."

She laughs, kissing the skin above his left pec and once again, she feels the damn burning of tears. 

"I promise that if we decide to have babies,"

"When," she interrupts, squeezing his arm, making him look at her, "When we decide to have babies."

"Right, when." he whispers, kissing her nose softly, "When we decide to have kids, I promise that I'll be there every step of the way; the morning sickness, scans, cravings. Everything. I will be there. But most of all, Rebecca, I promise that I will always love you."

"Even if I kill someone?"

He laughs and rolls on top of her, resting his arms on either side of her head, "Unlikely, but yes. I'll even help you hide the body."

"That's what I like to hear."

||-||

Sorry for no smut but i didn't think it fit and if i'm honest, i wasn't in the mood to write it and therefore, it was only a cute wedding night.

we reached 300k on the last chapter, which is amazing. thank you to all you wonderful people who comment and vote