Chapter 1

Ben POV
I stretched, walking downstairs into the main area of the house. "Beeeen! Luther stole my lighter again!" Klaus began to whine at me the second I got through the kitchen door. "Tell Diego. He's number 2 remember?" I groaned, dropping into my seat. Klaus ran off to find Diego, as I noticed a young man stood at the oven. "You're new." I walked up behind him. "No shit Sherlock." He responded snappily, with thick Irish accent. I chuckled, leaning against the cabinet. "So, you're adopted here too?" I glanced at what he was cooking, seeing it was scrambled eggs. "No. The old man invited me to live here because my parents died." He deadpanned, smacking my hands away from the pan. "Mitts off. It's mine." He almost growled at me. Luther walked into he kitchen, spooking the new boy, causing a knife to be thrown at his head, lodging in the wall instead. "Jesus Christ Stephen!" Luther yelled at him, pulling the knife from the wall beside his head. I chuckle at  his reaction. "Good aim. Diego's gonna like you." I patted him on the shoulder, sitting on the cabinet beside him.

Luther scoffed, throwing the knife back at the boy who deflected it with a burst of water. "Piss off ape man." Luther opened his mouth to speak, the knife quickly being flung back at his head again, causing him to curse, and leave the kitchen. Stephen chuckled, finishing the food. "Klaus! Get your underweight, drugged up ass in here and eat something!" He turned to yell out of the kitchen door. Klaus soon came running into the kitchen, before sliding along the tiled floor to sit at the table. "You sit your ass down too. You need to eat as well before the funeral, because Diego and Luther are probably gonna fight." Stephen deadpanned, pointing a knife at me. I sat down as to not piss him off even more. "Right. Klaus, sweetie, if you don't eat all the food on your plate, I will hide your drugs." Stephen put a plate of food in front of Klaus before putting a plate in front of me. "But you said you'd kiss one of my brothers." Klaus tilted his head confused as Stephen blushed. "I've barely spoken to Five, so no. Victor is too shy, so I wouldn't put him through that. Luther is basically beastiality, again, no. And Diego is just a prick so, once again, no." Stephen slammed cutlery next to me and Klaus. "You forgot Ben. You can kiss him. I recon Ben would enjoy it too." Klaus teased, causing Stephen to turn and glare at him. "I will slap you Klaus. And you've seen how hard I can hit." Stephen stabbed a knife into the table, as Klaus quickly wolfed his food down, and I ate my food as quickly so we could all run out to be on time for the funeral.

Stephen stood between Diego and Luther in an attempt to keep them apart, shivering as he wasn't wearing a coat over his thin jumper. I pulled my own coat off, walking up to him and wrapping it around his shoulders. "Can't have you freezing to death at the bastards funeral, can we?" I smiled at him. Stephen smiled back, pulling my coat tighter around himself. Luther and Diego started shoving each other, Diego badmouthing Reginald. Stephen quickly moved between them, trying to keep them apart. "Luther! Diego! He may have been a prick, but he was still your fucking father! Stop fighting! Show some respect, he is dead!" Stephen put a hand on Diego's chest, pushing him back. Luther swung a punch at Diego, hitting Stephen instead, sending the smaller boy flying back from the force, his body cracking into the base of Reginald's statue. Luther and Diego both froze, as I ran over, picking the still figure up. "Luther! You fucking dense bastard!" Five screamed at Luther, all of us staring at him, as he had never shown this much care for someone before. I took Stephen inside, carefully putting him down on the sofa, breathing a sigh of relief when I realised he was still breathing. Pogo came in after me, checking Stephen's pulse, and checking over his ribs as well. "The good news is, nothings broken. The bad news is, I think he may have cracked a couple ribs. You can see he is struggling to breath. Likely due to the pain he is in from being flung into the granite statue base." Pogo explained, as we all gathered around Stephen, Five being uncharacteristically worried. 

Five POV

I paced the living room, glancing over at Stephen every so often. Why was I so worried about him? I'd only met him a few hours ago, its not like we actually knew much about each other apart from our abilities. Stephen was an elemental, he could control the 4 basic elements. Fire, water, earth and air. Stephen knew I could spacial and time jump. He knew about it enough to only ask to see me spacial jump, or teleport as he put it, seemingly knowing that time jumping was more dangerous and unpredictable. "He's going to be fine, yanno?" Victor mumbled from beside me, causing me to jump. "I'm not worried. I hardly know him, why would I be worried?" I snapped at him, immediately feeling guilty for it. "You do worry. I can clearly see it. He's gonna be fine. Just a couple cracked ribs and a possible concussion. He needs some pain medication, but none of us are sneaky enough to get it." Victor gave me a look, that clearly screamed 'Get him the pain meds'. I nodded, teleporting into the shop, and grabbing various different pain medication, some bandages and some soft padding stuff that the box said was meant for cracked ribs before teleporting back to the living room. "Jesus Five! We said pain meds not half the damn chemists!" Ben stared at the armful of various things I was holding. "Anyway, he needs to be on a bed not the couch. We need to move him." Pogo explained, Ben quickly picking Stephen up carefully. 

"He can stay in my room. Its the nearest." I spoke without thinking, quickly trying to cover up that I wanted to make sure Stephen was alright myself. Ben nodded, carrying Stephen to my room, carefully placing him on my bed as everyone stayed in the living room. "Yes, thank you Ben. I can manage now." I waved my hand at him, causing a chuckle. "Damn, you really care about him, don't you?" I didn't turn around, carefully lifting Stephen's shirt. "I don't know why. I just do." I snapped back, the gentleness of my actions very different to my tone of voice. Ben just laughed again as he left, closing my door behind him. "Ow, what the fuck happened? Jesus." I heard groaning, glancing up at Stephen's face to see that he was awake. "Luther threw you into the old bastards granite statue base. You cracked a couple ribs and possible concussion. I stole all this to patch you up." I quickly explained, dabbing some cream onto Stephen's sides causing him to groan again, louder this time.

 "You'd steal stuff for me? Didn't know I was being cared for by Klaus- Fuck you!" Stephen grabbed at my wrist as I began to carefully place the padding onto his bruised side. "I'm sorry, its going to hurt a lot. I have some painkillers, you can take them once I've put the bandages on." I propped him up with a couple pillows as I wrapped the bandages around his chest carefully, not wanting to cause him more pain. "You'll have difficulty breathing due to the pain for a bit." I finished bandaging him, turning away to get him a drink. "Just pass me a glass, water I can conjure is always safe to drink." Stephen held his hand out for something he could drink from. I quickly found a clean glass, passing it to him, watching as he filled it, wincing as he did so. "Painkillers, please Five." I grabbed the nearest box, passing 2 tablets to him as he quickly downed them. "Damn bloody ape. Stupid prick has a hard hit." Stephen rubbed at his jaw where Luther had punched him, a bruise already forming. I chuckled quietly. "Just try to get some rest Stephen, hopefully that'll help the pain." Stephen nodded, laying down carefully, not wanting to jostle his ribs more.