***************************************

Kincaid's pov

My phone buzzed I picked it up from the lamp stand.

We need to talk, I have news on Dally.

When I saw Dally I stood up and dressed then text him back

Delights coffee shop now

I took the bus to the coffee shop to avoid being followed.

I entered and saw him sitting on the table in a dark area of the shop. I sat across him and the waiter took our order.

" What did you find?" I say

" Nice to see you too"

" Am sorry Mark, but you know how desperate I am"

" Yeah sure, I do and I got you into this mess in the first place"

I sighed I know where he is heading to Mark has always been dramatic since high school. " Am sorry Mark, just please tell me what you know"

" Okay Dolly have been living with a woman named, Theodore Roosevelt, but she died last year"

" We are in March, that means she have been living with someone else,but who??"

" Exactly, I found out that for the past five months, Dolly have been living with her grandmother"

" What??" I can't believe this, she she.... lied to me.....she didn't even feel guilty or regrets.....she looked me in the eyes and did not feel anything.

" .....dude, you just completely zoned off, that's all I got for now, I will keep you updated, I gotta I have a date with Xiera" he stood up and I followed suit

"Thanks man you are the best" I left the coffee shop.

I don't think I can sleep today, I took my phone to call Kyra and tell her what's going.

***************************************
Autumn's pov

After tucking April in, I came down and saw Alexis watching a Netflix movie I joined her on the couch.

" Is she asleep???"

" Yes she is"

" Are you okay??"

" Yes, no...I don't know, like this is all I wanted in life, but what if she doesn't call me mom, what will I tell Kyle, can I forfeit my love for Kincaid?? Just to give April a family??, I don't know, Lex that's all the questions I can't answer."

" It okay Aut, we will cross each bridge, when we get there"

" Thanks Lex, uhm, what's up with you Mom"

" Oh, you know the usual stuff, she said that she doesn't want to get back together with my dad, that she found the one, after everything my dad did for her, I don't know why she's.......argh, I don't know Autty, I seriously don't know, then I told her since she wants to live with her the one, I left the house for her untill she leaves I won't go back. I can't stand seeing her"

" We will get through all of this, I promise" I whispered the latter more to myself

We stayed there cuddling each other until I remembered something   'motion detectors'  I looked at Alexis, she's already asleep so I slowly stood up and went over to the detectors, I switched it on. Good now that I have a minor at home I can't risk anything.
I went to my reading table, I put my glasses on and started working on my case.

***************************************

My neck was so sore the next morning and I realised that I slept on the table.

I checked my phone fuck 7:30 damn it now I have 30 minutes to prepare for work.

I gathered my files and shove them into a bag, I rushed to the couch and saw a note,

   Sorry for not waking you up, I got a call that my mom was rushed to the hospital I went to the hospital immediately

Xoxo Lex

I went up to check on April, I still can't believe it, she was awake, I stood there looking at her for a while.

" Good morning, sweetie" I walked to her and pecked her

" Did you sleep well" she nods

" Okay, am going to work, do you know how to use a microwave" she nods

" Okay, there are stacks of different meals in the fridge so help yourself, I will be back before 7:00pm" she nods again, I kissed her forehead.

I broke the world record for "the fastest bath ever". I put on a navy blue skirt and a white shirt with navy blue stiletto to match the skirt, I took my navy blue jacket and left.

I took my convertible today, I arrived at the firm by 7:58, just two minutes to go or am late. I got to my office by 8:01, at least I tried. Someone knocked on my door.

" Come in" Kincaid opened the door and said  " Mr Williams called a board meeting " all this while avoiding my eyes.

" Okay, I will be there, uhmm Kincaid??"

" Yes"

" Can we uhm talk, after the meeting??"

" Okay" he closed the door

I quickly prepared for the meeting, I bent to pick up my bag when I noticed a white paper on the floor, I opened it and almost collapsed.

What is inside that paper?? what is really going on between Kincaid and Autumn?? Who is Alexis's mom's the one??   Stay around to find out.