Chapter 3.

"Look, it's the emo!" "Settle down class, take out your books and get to chapter forty."

No body took Ms. Cali serious. She seemed way to nice to exist. It's like she swallowed the sun. Idk...I tried to think of something happy. Idk...

But she was a very young, way to nice to want to be alive, teacher who hadn't been a teacher for more than two years. This was her first year at this school.

My ribs. It hurt to breathe because he had stomped on my back and kicked me in my stomach. If you have ever had a sibling or someone kick you in your stomach, oh, you know how bad it hurts and it feels like you can't breathe. I was wheezing badly in the halls. I Hope Kevin gets expelled...

"Brendon? Can you read this chapter for us?" I shake my head. I don't want to speak. "Wait- the emo has a name?" I hear whispers coming from the kids' table. Let's just keep them called the jocks. We will get into their names later...

"That's okay." She points to a girl in the front and she reads the chapter. It was probably the most Boring book I'd ever read, And I've read Harry Potter. (Sorry to all the fans, I just think it's boring. Don't @ me).

She walks around the class to see if everyone is following along the same page. I think I was the only kid. Her heels clicked the floor.

"Psst. Emo!" I hear whispers.

Click.

"Hey! Gay emo!" More whispers.

Click.

"Emo! Over here!"

Click.

"Is everyone following along?" The kids get so scared they almost fall out of there seats and into the floor. "Yes."

I was the only one besides the girl in the front. Her name was CJ. Short for Crystal Johnson. She was kind of like me. She had an interest in the music I listened to. Not so much the choice of style, but she still said hi to me in the halls and gave me a fist bump now and then when we passed each other at the Quad. She was the only one (besides the teachers and Dallon) who were nice to me.

She didn't have many friends like me, so we hung out sometimes, but in private. She always asked why it was in private. I'd always say:

"Kids here don't like me, so I don't want your reputation to be ruined because of me. Okay?"

She always get mad and ask who was mean and stuff like that. She was super smart too. Me and her were in the gifted classes last year. Those were the only classes where you were treated with respect.

"I don't care if kids make fun of me for hanging with you! I don't want you to be treated this way!" "Why?" "Because I'm your friend!"

"At least you care about my feelings..." "I'm always here for you, but I have to go tot he library for a council meeting. Cya around!" This was last week. It was Monday. The worst day of the week. But tomorrow was a half day, so we got to leave at twelve thirty tomorrow. Finally...

"Okay class, now, who can give me a summary of the chapter we just read?" I raised my hand. "Julia can't seem to get the thought out of her head that her parents really won't come back, so she decided to head her own way and-" "Hey emo! Shut up! Haha!" They threw and eraser at me. "Hey! No throwing things in this class. Apologize and get back to your work. And don't cut him off, he was doing just fine."

He mocked her as she turned around. "Thank you brendon, but that's enough for today. Good job on paying attention." I gave her a thumbs up and a fake smile. So fake I felt like a puppet. The kids are pulling me by my strings and controlling me. Next was lunch hour. So...I sit with Dallon because CJ has to go to another council meeting. She has one every Monday afternoon. Okay then...

"Okay class, we can watch the video tomorrow, have a good day kids!" I toss my back pack over my shoulder and I'm the last one out the door, well...almost the last one. "Brendon! Can you come see real quick?" It was CJ.

"Oh uh, sure..." she pulled me outside. And then behind the wall by the court. What going on? "I have a meeting so I can't hang today, but- here..." she placed a kiss on my cheek. Fuck. How the hell do I tell her that I'm not that into girls...? "Cya, nerd."

I rub the back of my neck and sigh. Also, I see Dallon headed this way. "Why are you on this wall?" "Just...thinking..."

"Lol Okay then...you know, those kids give you a hard time. I should know, I have to see there faces every Friday at five for practice." They were basketball jocks. Not football. Basketball. But Dallon wasn't that into it. Yea, he was good, but he told me he liked band better. Same dude, same...

"Yeah, they don't seem to like me...actually, besides CJ and you, I don't really talk to anyone..." "Well," he hit my arm in a playful way, "you can talk to me." He smiled. His teeth. They almost blinded me. He laughed. "Thanks..."

"Come sit over here," he points to the table he sits at all the time, right under the tree by the fence. Day light savings time was happening during the fall, so the sun was pretty much setting very early. Well, the sky was a pretty shade of orange.

"You can sit with me if you want." "Sure..."

I was actually having a conversation with someone and it wasn't awkward! Point 1 for me! Yes! We had similar interests. Like band and music. My eye had still been swollen but I brushed my hair in front of it. "If those kids give you trouble, let me know, Kay?" "Mhm, I just-"

*thud*

"Dude! WHAT THE HELL KEVIN?!"

*tbc*