"Why you so distant?" Anthony asked.

Jhenea shrugged her shoulders. "I'm always like this," She let out.

"You so tense, just relax,"

"Anthony, I am relaxed,"

Anthony searches her face for answers but he simply couldn't come up with anything."What's up with you?"

She raked her fingers through her hair. "Just taking in your presence, that's all,"

Anthony smirked. "Girl you love me, I don't know why you keep frontin'," He took a drink of his iced water.

Her face grew stale before she tossed her napkin at him. "I see your ego is still the same,"

"Oh that ain't never gone change mama," He shook his head.

Taking a long look at him, she rolled her eyes. Artist eventually returned to his seat and the high tension dinner continued.

They all ate until their plates were empty and their appetites were satisfied. Jhenea took the initiative of taking the dishes and cleaning up while Anthony went up to put Artist in bed.

"You need some help?" Jhenea slowly turned around. Her hands were soaked wet from cleaning the dishes.

Anthony stood propped against the island. A light smile graced his face causing Jhenea's heart to pick up in pace. Clearing her throat she shrugged her shoulders.

Anthony slowly made his way over. Although she was no longer facing him, she could feel his strong and overpowering presence within the room. "You been workin' out?"

His eyes traced each curve and dip within her body. Jhenea's hair was pulled back just like he loved it. Her shoulders were in full display in the pastel pink spaghetti strap dress. The radiant glow of her skin captivated him the same way it did when they first started dating when she got pregnant with Artist and the same way it did when they got married.

Anthony was trying to fight the urge of reminiscing, but it was so hard when all she ever did was bring out memories. Whether they were good or bad, they were still memories that consisted of her.

"No." She stated curtly.

"You look good," He complimented.

"You came to help or to gawk?" She murmured out.

Anthony let a chuckle roll out of him. "Ight I'm gone help," He transitioned from behind her and stood beside her instead. Jhenea handled him a towel where he began to dry the plates.

I silence rendered them for a moment. Anthony could tell that she relaxed within his presence just by how her shoulders seemed to be alleviated from the tension they once had.

"You been working out?" She kept her eyes on the dishes and mumbled out her question.

Averting his eyes over to her, he laughed. "Yeah, I have,"

Jhenea stifled our a laugh. She had been trying to be a hard-ass with him all day and he not once gotten frustrated or hot-tempered. He simply just rolled with the punches and remained respectful. She began to feel like a bully and she didn't really like the feeling.