"I would be, if that were possible," she said, looking startled and amused. "Besides, it's better to have the twins go with a prefect." She gave Percy a delighted look, and he puffed out his chest.

Fred rolled his eyes. "Oh, yeah, like we'll listen to Percy when we've never done that before."

"Your brother might be forced to take away points before school has even started," Remus pointed out, looking amused as well. "Or give you detention."

"Blimey, we've never been in one of those before," George said sarcastically. Fred snickered, and Ron rolled his eyes. "But I reckon you're right. We wouldn't want to set a record, would we, Fred?" He grinned innocently, and Edward raised an eyebrow.

"No," Fred said with a straight face. "Definitely not."

"Clearly." Edward rolled his eyes and turned to Molly again.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you got to be a prefect, too," Ron whispered to him, smirking. "That would serve them right."

"Shh," Edward scolded; Mrs. Weasley had started giving out instructions.

"...will go with Remus, and the twins will come with me," she was saying. "You don't mind, do you, Remus?"

"No, of course not," he replied, looking amused.

Good plan, Edward thought. The twins might be willing to disobey a prefect, but they wouldn't dare cross their mother.

Ron groaned. "Percy's going to be unbearable."

Edward cast him a warning look.

"Coming, boys?" Remus asked, and they both turned.

Edward's foster parent and Percy were watching them, the prefect looking disapproving, while Molly moved towards the back of the Leaky Cauldron with the scowling twins behind her.

"Right, sorry," Ron said with embarrassment while Edward nodded silently.

Remus smiled dryly and followed the other three Weasleys. Percy fell in step with Ron and Edward as they followed.

"I hope you pay attention to your teachers instead of chatting away," Percy said loftily.

"Ed's going to listen and take notes and be the perfect student," Ron snorted, making Edward raise an eyebrow, "and be annoyed if I interrupt him, so I may as well pay attention anyway."

"I won't be annoyed."

"You'll shush me and tell me to listen."

"That's not annoyed," said Edward, still calm.

Ron snorted and opened his mouth to contradict him, but Edward interrupted. "Congratulations on your new badge, by the way," he told Percy, who beamed with pride. "Although it's not going to make Fred and George listen to you."

Percy rolled his eyes as Ron stared at him. "Probably not."

"You're clearly the right choice," Edward continued, giving Ron a significant look. Ron frowned a bit, clearly confused.

Percy puffed with pride again. "I am, aren't I?"

Ron rolled his eyes and made a gagging noise, which Percy heard.

"If you hadn't been sorted yet I'd take away points from your house for being rude," the new prefect said sharply. Edward closed his eyes. "That would have been a record -- getting points taken away before you'd even started school!" With that, he marched forward to catch up with Remus, who had stopped in front of the back wall of the pub.