Prolouge

A light brown wolf pup sat on the steps of the adoption center, looking at the passing cars "Evelia?" She flinched at her name and turned around "Yes Mrs. Woods?" She asked the beaver, she sat beside her "What's a wolf pup like you sitting outside? Like a dog?" She asked, Evelia sighed "Mama and Dada are going to come back." She said.

Mrs. Woods flinched "E-Eve.... They're not coming back..." She said to the 6 year old pup, she turned to the older beaver "Wh-What do you mean?" She asked, her light brown eyes had a slightly confused, sad look.

".....That's why you're here.... No one in your family is alive to care for you..." Mrs. Woods said "Th-Th-They're... g-gone?" She asked, her ears lowering "They wouldn't abandon me!!! They are supposed to be here with me!!!!" She said with a growl, getting up and going in to the building, Mrs. Woods sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A reddish brown pup was anxiously waiting in the hospital, fidgeting with the collar on her sweater dress, so many sick animals were there, but the only ones she was their was her 4 family members, Mallory sitting next to her "M-Mally? Is mama, Claudia, Annie, and Dennis going to be okay?" The six year old pup asked, slightly pulling her 10 year old sister's black jacket.

Mallory blinked, coughing and crying, even screams of agony, the coyote pup held her little sister close, making sure her sister's eyes were closed when she saw a nurse cat rushed a one winged parrot past the others, the virus had spread and now they had to cut off some limbs to not let the illness infect them and kill them....

Those were what the screams were from, they didn't have time to put them to sleep....

She sighed and soon the pups fell asleep, the loud noises not bothering them.

When they woke up, a doctor jaguar had come up to them "Mallory and Kiaya, correct?" She asked, they slowly nodded "Y-Yes..." Mallory said, the jaguar sighed "I'm extremely sorry.... but..... Your mother, father, 2 sisters, and brother died due to the sickness, your father from blood loss.... We don't know where your other sister had went..."

Kiaya blinked, tears welling in her eyes and clutched on to Mallory, tears flooding from her eyes, Mallory trying to hold back tears as she held the pup close to her as she sniffled.