Too caught up inside his own thoughts, an unfeminine growl had to snap Kusuo out of his trance. He gave the girl in front of him a blank stare after hearing so, (Y/N) acting like nothing happened. Finding it troublesome to mention anything, Kusuo decided to brush off the topic.

"Oi, Fredric, you're spacing out like an idiot." (Y/N) stated, snapping her fingers in front of him, the remark provoking Kusuo as he had to hear it from someone like her.

Instead of replying, to cut the conversation short, Kusuo rummaged inside his bag before taking out sheets of paper (Y/N) dreaded to recognize as the homework printouts she had tricked the boy into taking. The strawberry haired boy handed the papers to the girl to which she accepted hesitantly with an insincere 'thank you'.

Kusuo gave her a curt nod in response before sauntering off, relieved to finally end their small chat. Before the psychic can go out of earshot, (Y/N) scanned the printout, taken aback by what she had realized.

"Hey, Fredric!" (Y/N) called out. Seeing Kusuo turn his head around, a wide grin made its way to her lips. "Thank you!"

Hearing those words from her, a sudden feeling bubbled up from Kusuo's insides – and no, it's not diarrhea. The sight of her genuinely happy smile was the cause of the particular sensation inside him, and hearing her sound so grateful was enough for him to feel this way.

For him to feel guilty.

"(Y/N)," Kusuo called, turning his heels, stepping closer to the said girl. Placing a hand on his shoulder, he inched his face close to hers, their faces mere inches apart. "It's Kusuo, not Fredric. Saiki Kusuo."

Ending the small moment as fast as it started, Kusuo strode off, leaving the girl in a puzzled state.

Was that a "you're welcome"?

~~~~~

Reaching my classroom, I happily skipped towards my desk, the answer-filled homework in my grip. Opening my bag to place it inside, I was surprisingly greeted by an unfamiliar box. Curious on what could be inside, I opened the carton, checking its contents. Who knows, it may be a bomb.

"Damn! My day just keeps on getting luckier!" I shouted out loud in pure glee after seeing what the surprise box contained.

Carefully taking the sweet treat out of its container, I sat down on my desk excitedly, visually savouring the snack. Perhaps meeting Fredric was the reason for the lucky streak.

First, Fredric answered my homework for me, which I had purposely tricked him to take, so that I would have an excuse for the teacher for not doing my homework. Well, I can't say my dog ate my homework since I don't have one. Instead, saying Fredric mugged me of my homework sounded more logical and believable. Of course it is!

And now, I am joyfully snacking on the coffee jelly I never knew I had. It's blatantly suspicious how it was inside my bag in the first place, and it was possible that it was actually poisoned, but ain't nobody got time to worry about that.

I rummaged inside my bag once more after finishing up the tasty snack, just in case another blessing my inside. And in fact, there is!

"Woooh! The heavens took my burden off me!" I cheered, doing a small victory dance of my own, ignoring the stares I was earning.

Great! Not only did someone magically transported coffee jelly inside my bag, but also took my Calculus textbook with him.

But, alas! A certain voice calling out my name ceased my graceful dancing.

"(Y/N)!"

And that voice sounded nowhere near calm to might add. I think drawing Spongebob on that one quiz is a bad idea.

"What now?! I swear I didn't answer butt for that pop quiz!" I lied immediately.

Goodness, can't they see a person is dancing here. People these days.

~~~~~

With Kusuo on the other hand, he stared at the Calculus textbook in hand, placing it inside his school bag afterwards as he heard Kaidou's thoughts approaching his direction.

He was honestly looking forward to relishing that coffee jelly for lunch, but all he could now was to sigh in disappointment.

The strawberry-haired boy decided to use his psychic powers to switch his coffee jelly with an item of equal value inside her bag. It was honestly quite hard on his part since we all know how loves the sweet delicacy, and it was also hard for him to find something to switch the treat with since (Y/N)'s bag was filled with literal trash. Knowing the girl's personality, Kusuo expected that she wouldn't suspect anything from the sudden appearance of the delicious coffee jelly and the mysterious disappearance of her textbook.

It wasn't that the pink-haired boy wanted to give her some special treatment. It was just that he felt guilty filling her homework with the wrong answers (not that she would mind). Seeing her so happy made his stomach drop from remorse.

Plus, Kusuo has to admit, that he owes the girl after treating him to his favourite dessert. And, although her actions were out-of-hand, (Y/N) still helped him to spare the psychic from Teruhashi's confrontation.

I owe her, that's all there is to it. Kusuo mentally told himself, ignoring the odd group flocking together in front of his desk.

"(Y/N)!"

Hearing a loud voice calling out for the girl currently filling his mind, Kusuo snapped his head around to locate where the sound came from. He then realized his instinctive action, shaking his head to get rid of the unusual thoughts he was getting.

It was probably a teacher scolding her...

~~~~~

With (Y/N), after receiving the results of her homework...

"This is a Japanese Literature homework! Just why are your answers written in Spanish!" The teacher scolded the (h/c) haired girl inside the empty classroom as it was already dismissal, (Y/N)'s printouts in her grip.

"Uhh... Forgive me...? Por pabor..." (Y/N) replied, an unsure tone present in her voice as she watched the middle-aged teacher's annoyed expression. By how her eyebrows twitched with her teeth gritted together, it seemed that the female teacher was on the edge of blowing her top off.

"Redo this." The teacher stated, bringing a hand upon her head to rub her temples, feeling a headache coming as she sat down on the teacher's desk. Although she had the strong urge to give the girl a smack on the head, her dignity as a teacher was preventing her from doing so. At least, she was still allowed to give proper disciplinary actions. "You're not leaving this classroom until you've finished answering that properly."

Grumbling, (Y/N) took the sheets of paper before proceeding to sit down on her desk. Taking out a pen from inside her bag, she read through the questions written on the paper.

Just what sorcery is this...?

It seemed that (Y/N) regretted celebrating so early this morning.

"(Y/N)!"

"What now?!" Hearing another voice calling out her name, she snapped.

"Keep your voice down!" The female teacher scolded from her desk.

"You're the one calling me, goddamit!" (Y/N) whined, disrespectfully talking back to the teacher, not a wise action if she didn't want to be in bad terms with the staff of the school.

"Language!" The teacher reminded.

"So now you're asking me to speak Spanish!"

"(Y/N)!"