“Yes Mike, very”. Mike wipes his smirk off his face and looks more serious.

“But I thought Power Rangers were a myth?”

“Wrong, they are very real” “I created the first team and until I died, guided and advised teams”.

“What happened then?”

“Others teams have come and gone but anyway, Alpha 5 will hand you your power morpher”. Mike is astonished. Alpha shuffles over and hands him the morpher, with the power coin shining brightly inside the morpher.

“This is your power morpher” explains Alpha, “it lets you be a ranger”.

 “Correct Alpha, this morpher along with five others were revived with me.”

 “Somebody else used these!?” an astonished Mike peeps.

“Yes but that was a long time ago”, “you will be the red ranger, the leader of the team and utilizing the Tyrannosaurus power coin along with the zord.

 “If I am the leader of the team, who do I lead?” Mike questions sarcastically.

“This will be explained in time, Alpha, show Mike how to morph”. Mike is excited yet scared all the while Alpha shuffles over.

“Place the morpher behind your back, then thrust it forward and shout out your dinozords name” Alpha explains. Mike stares at Zordon, he then repeats the instructions and shouts out “Tyrannosaurus!” With that red electricity envelops his body and forms into a suit. Amazed, he looks at the diamond shaped suit and the holster by his side.

“Well done” Zordon exclaims. “But now you must deal with Goldar and the putties, you will wield the Power Sword and your blade blaster.” “Now prepare for teleportation and good luck.” With that a red light covers him and takes him to Goldar’s location.

In an instant he sees his enemies before him.

Goldar sneers “Just one Power Ranger? This will be easy!”

“We shall see!” Mike bravely replies. Goldars putties attack him. One attacks and Mike kicks him in the chest, another is met with a roundhouse kick but he is then hit in the ribs and groans. Gathering himself he punches a putty in the face and deals a flying kick to another in the chest.

“Enough” Goldar grunts, “deal with me.”

“Bring it on!” Mike growls. With that Goldar runs and swings his sword at him. Mike duck and rolls, Goldar snarls and Mike shouts “Power Sword!” and his blade appears.

“Let’s see who is a swordsman now”. Mike rushes at Goldar and an epic duel ensues. Steel clashes with steel, each move is matched with nobility and grace. With so much effort put in they both lose their swords and stand inhaling heavy breaths. Mike spots a chance. He activates his blaster and fires at Goldar five times in quick succession. Goldar is hurt and stunned.

“We shall meet again!” shouts Goldar as he vanishes.

Mike returns to the command centre in a triumphant move.

“A nicely executed mission” Zordon says.

“Good job kiddo” Alpha squeaks while patting Mikes shoulder.

“Thanks but it could have easily went very wrong, I was lucky.”

“You showed great instincts and bravery, luck had little involvement.”

“Thanks Zordon. But what did I fight?”

“That was Goldar, general of Rita Repulsa, who has become evil again.”

“What about the other power coins Zordon?”

“That is up to you”

“How do you mean?”

“You shall pick a team , here are the other power coins.” Alpha hands Mike a box, he opens and sees the other power coins. Zordon begins to explain the coins.

“The first is the Black Mastodon coin, next is the Pink Pterodactyl coin, there is the Blue Triceratops coin, the Yellow Sabre-Tooth Tiger coin and finally the Green Dragon Coin.”

“Simply Amazing” Mike blurts out. He returns the box to Alpha who stores it away.

“Now go home and rest Mike, you have had a long day.”

“Thanks Zordon, bye to you and Alpha!”

 “So long!” Alpha replies. Mike teleports away.

“He did well” Alpha proclaims.

“Yes but many challenges lie ahead for him…..”

Mike lies in bed thinking of what happened. He is in disbelief. He looks at his morpher and hides it again.

“What a day” he smiles as he falls asleep, concluding the first day of his new life.