She Better Make Every Second Count Before It's Too Late

Start from the beginning

"Masamune, last night...I spat out more blood than usual."

My eyes widen and she continued.

"It doesn't take a genius or a doctor to tell me what's going on, my illness has gotten worse, actually, I've known for a while now."

I was shocked when she told me this and then Akira said to me.

"You're right, Aiko needs to know the truth and soon."

"Good, have you got any ideas what to say to her?"

"I've been thinking about it for a while now and I'll just treat her this afternoon and then I'll tell her what happened on that day when I got my results about my illness."

"Sounds like a plan to me, but, seriously though, how are you feeling? you're sweating from head to toe."

"I'm fine, it's just the fevers...they tend to come and go but...they've been getting worse recently."

I placed my hand on her forehead and she was burning up.

"Sheesh, are you sure it's a good idea for you to be out of bed this afternoon? I doubt you can stand up."

"I'll be fine...Aiko and I will take it easy and then we'll come straight back after shopping."

"All right."

I patted Akira's head and she smiled a little.

"Thanks...for being there for me Masamune, I don't know what I would have done without you."

"You don't need to thank me, just get some rest for now."

Akira nodded her head before falling asleep again. I gently stroked her hair while she slept and I thought to myself.

'She looks peaceful...I can't imagine what Aiko is gonna think when she finds out Akira is dying...'

TIME SKIP...

AIKO'S POV

Akira and I got into the market place and I was having fun but, Akira looked a bit weak when we got to another stall. 

"Onee-chan? are you all right?"

"I'm OK...don't mind me...just keep browsing..."

I can tell Akira wasn't looking too good but, she was right though, this was her treat so I can't let that go to waste. In the end, I bought a new kimono, a new hairpin and some medical supplies. I looked at Akira and I wanted to get her something as well. I looked at one of the hairpins and one of them has a cherry blossom flower on it with some cute bells.

"Hey Onee-chan, look over here."

Akira looked at me and then I placed the hairpin in her hair and she was surprised when I did this.

"It suits you."

The shopkeeper handed over a hand mirror and I showed Akira what it looked like on her. Akira was surprised by this and she said to me.

"Aiko, you don't have to get this for me."

"Why not? you deserve it, you've been stuck in bed since we got to Azuchi, it's the least I can do."

Akira sighed in defeat and she smiled at me.

"All right, but only this one time, got it?"

"Understood."

I said with a smile and then we continued shopping. Suddenly, Akira started coughing and wheezing and then she fell to her knees. I rushed to her side and I knelt down beside her.