Prologue

The future belongs to those who believe
in the beauty of their dreams.
                                                     -Eleanor Roosevelt

*Ring*

*Ring*

*Ring*

"Ughhh," Laura signed.

It's was too early in the morning for someone to disrupt Laura's sleep. She was so angry that someone would call so early, she barely glanced at the phone before answering.

"Laaaaaaaura!" she was caught completely off guard by the loud scream, her phone fell.

Laura. Are you there?

        Really Morgan it's tool in the morning. You never call this early

Did you see the time? It's brunch time.

Are you kidding me.

Laura quickly glanced at her alarm clock to see the time reading 12:43. Laura was freaking out, she completely forgot to set her alarm clock for 7 am. She had made plans to get her nails done and go shopping after doing her chores early in the morning.

"Morgan, I can't believe I forgot to set my alarm clock. Imagine if I had work today, they would've fired me.

That's great news.

        Really Morgan. How's that great news?

Guess who got tickets for the Golden State Warrior games TONIGHT!!!!     

Stop lying.

I'm not. I just flew in from L.A yesterday evening and I was going to call you but I guessed you had work.

You should've called I would have tried to clear my schedule.

We both know that's a lie.

So funny. How long are you staying for?

I leave Sunday evening but make sure you're ready by 7.

I'm not as bad as you. You take a day and a half to get ready. Please sure you text me  before you pull up.

Okay. Same address right

Nope. I'll text it to you

K

"I'll see you on later," Laura said before she hung up.

She was extremely exhausted and she knew if she did not get out of bed, the day would be spent with her sleeping. She was grateful that she was able to get the weekend off, after working for a month continuously, her body was yearning for rest.

Finally getting out of bed Laura went towards her window and she was surprised with the weather. It has been raining the past few days in San Francisco which was not common.

After giving thanks to the lord for waking her on such a beautiful morning, she went straight to do her chores. It has been a few weeks since Laura has been able to clean her apartment.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 30, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Contemplateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें