Dental Surgery with Dr. Jorge Carrasco

Tips for Getting Dental Surgery with Dr. Jorge Carrasco in Cancun

Getting dental surgery abroad can be overwhelming.  Not only are you preparing surgical procedure, you also have to plan for your trip.

Fortunately, Dr. Jorge Carrasco and his team of dental professionals can make your experience as convenient and pain-free as possible.  Dr. Jorge Carrasco performs hundreds of dental restoration and surgeries for American and Canadian dental tourists each year.  Dr Carrasco was even featured in a major Canadian newspaper for his work in providing dental implants to patients from Alberta, Canada.

“Because we perform surgeries every week to various dental tourist from the US and Canada, we know and understand how to make the process convenient and hassle-free to our patients”, according to Dr. Carrasco.  “We try to focus not only on the success of the oral surgery, but also on the comfort and positive experience of each patient.”

Send your Panoramic X-rays

The process starts with sending your full mouth X-rays.  Dr. Carrasco will take the time to review your X-rays and provide you preliminary recommendations based on your X-rays.  This will help you understand your dental savings and budget for your dental work.  His staff can also help you plan how long you need to stay.  For dental implant surgeries, he can estimate how many trips it will take to complete your dental implant restoration (usually it takes 2 trips to complete tooth implant restorations).

If you agree with the recommendations, Dr. Jorge Carrasco will use those X-rays to help plan and prepare for your trip.  He will have all the resources necessary in anticipation of your arrival, from the implant materials, surgical guides, to the anesthesiologist and nurse.

Bring a companion or travel on your own

For major dental surgeries, oftentimes we prefer to bring our spouse, family member or friend to accompany us during our surgery.

Sometimes, however, we can only travel alone.  Oftentimes, it becomes a problem for other Mexico dentists since they don’t have the resources to handle post-operative care.

With Dr. Carrasco, he makes sure you are in good hands after the surgery, even if you are travelling alone.  He provides you a cellphone where you can reach him personally 24/7. You will also have complimentary transportation to your hotel in Cancun.

For IV sedation or general anesthesia procedure, Dr. Jorge Carrasco and team will arrange to have a nurse accompany you at your hotel room until you are fully recovered from the sedation dentistry procedure.  The nurse will assist you with walking, eating, or any other needs you may have.

Avoid booking activities until you complete your initial consultation with Dr. Carrasco

With such an exciting vacation spot, it’s hard to resist scheduling activities and visits to tourist spots in Cancun.

Avoid booking trips to Xcaret or Isla Mujeres until you get further instructions from Dr. Carrasco during your consultation.  Your planned trip to swim with the dolphins or hanging out in the sun may not be advisable after your surgery.

Follow post-operative instructions from the doctor

Dr. Carrasco will provide you post-operative instructions after your surgery.  This would include not eating hot soup or doing extraneous activities right after the procedure.  To avoid complications or issues with your dental surgery, follow these written instructions.

Allow at least 2-3 days after the surgery before you fly back

It’s not advisable for you to take a flight right after a dental implant surgery.  Changes in pressure might compromise the surgery sight.  You might get the flight attendants nervous...even worse, cause a flight diversion.

Let your surgical sight recover.  Dr. Carrasco can see you right before you fly back to make sure everything is healing just fine.

Many patients just like you have received successful dental surgeries from Dr. Carrasco.  You can save thousands, get a short vacation, and have an amazing dental experience with Dr. Jorge Carrasco and his team at Dentcare.