Walking A Tightrope

Start from the beginning

With a sigh, she cracked open her window a bit to get some fresh air. A soft tune from a piano came pouring out from behind her neighbor's curtains. The tiniest of smiles graced (Y/N)'s lips and she decided to calm her nerves by singing.

Some people long for a life that is simple and planned

Tied with a ribbon

She turned around and glanced at her small and mostly empty room. Her fluffy companion's ears perked up at her singing, and he watched her from his spot on the bed.

Some people won't sail the sea 'cause they're safer on land

To follow what's written

A picture frame held up a painting that she made of her and Varian a few months back. Her feet brought her closer to it and her eyes started watering again.

But I'd follow you to the great unknown

Off to a world we call our own

(Y/N) began dancing slowly, imagining that her love was there with her to lead it. It didn't do much to improve her mood, but the thought was there, in her opinion.

Hand in my hand and we promised to never let go

We're walking the tightrope

High in the sky

We can see the whole world down below

We're walking the tightrope

Never sure, never know how far we could fall

But it's all an adventure

That comes with a breathtaking view

Walking the tightrope

With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh

With you

She quickly left her house after gathering a satchel filled with the supplies she needed on her journey. Some for the break out, and some for in case they didn't have time to grab supplies anywhere before fleeing. Snow was also in there, of course. She couldn't just leave without him and he was small enough to fit anyways.

Mountains and valleys, and all that will come in between

Desert and ocean

Her surroundings were familiar and she ran along the dirt path in the forest as she sang.

You pulled me in and together we're lost in a dream

Always in motion

Instead of sadness or anger, her face was now only showing determination. Nothing would stand in the way of her and her goal.

So I risk it all just to be with you

And I risk it all for this life we choose

A memory of Varian and herself played in her mind. It was when (Y/N) broke her leg a couple years ago and Varian didn't leave her side until she was fully healed. The thought brought a giddy smile to her face.

Hand in my hand and you promised to never let go

We're walking the tightrope

High in the sky

We can see the whole world down below

We're walking the tightrope

Never sure, will you catch me if I should fall?

She paused when she saw the castle in the distance with no more trees blocking her view.

Well, it's all an adventure

That comes with a breathtaking view

After taking a deep breath, she started walking towards her destination instead of running.

Walking the tightrope

With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh

With you

She picked up her pace as she knew exactly how to start her plan. A small smirk grew on her face at the thought of betraying the ones who betrayed the person closest to her.

With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh

With you, ooh-ooh-ooh

With you

Her plan was finally put into place. Nothing would get in the way of the duo freeing Varian's dad again. She would make sure of it...

Part 2?