1-10

Dong Yue kingdom. With four side pacified the country prospered and people were living in peace. Everywhere appeared to be booming.

The capital.

Inside the manor of imperial secretary Qu was unusually bustling with noise and excitement.

It was said a certain powerful figure with peerless talent was going to pay a visit.

However, the lively atmosphere didn't extend to a certain corner in the backyard.

The wall of yard was very high. It made people feel intimidated by just looking at it. Originally, the wall wasn't so high, but as some things happened too frequently, gradually, it became higher.

At this moment, a woman in green garments stood by the wall in the backyard. She has been standing there for a long time.

Under the long eyelashes flickered a pair of clear and clever big eyes. High pretty nose, small and exquisite lip, an aggrieved expression on the face, together combined with a physique that seemed as if it would collapse with a blow of wind...... exactly just like a living example of Lin Daiyu[1].

It has been two years. Not long nor short time. But it was enough to make people suffocate to death.

She has tried to escape for two years, yet she has failed for every single time.

To think she, Qu Tang'er, generation Y[2] of 21st century – to make it sound pleasant, she was learning like others to be fashionable by time-traveling, to make it sound less pleasant, it was just that God threw her in this heartless god forsaken place.

Hasn't she just followed history professor and took a trip to museum as there were new bunches of antiques arriving from an unknown era? She has then very carelessly gone to lie on that bed, which made people fainting with blurred vision just by looking at it. The result...... forget about it.

Maybe one day when she got a bad mood and would want to jump into a river, commit suicide by cutting her throat, hang herself or to drink a poison, perhaps then she will have a dog shit luck and time-travel back.

Anyaway, today was her best opportunity to escape ——

She heard that today the backyard won't be so tightly guarded.

She heard that today the so called father of hers would be very busy. He had no time to pay attention to her.

She heard that today the eighth prince who was quite liked by top-notch powerful figures in imperial court will come.

Unfortunately, this eight prince just recently became her marriage partner bestowed to her by an imperial decree.

Qu Tang'er anxiously gazed at a high wall. In her eyes flashed a hint of grievance. Her fingers were tightly entangled together, as if struggling for something.

Afterwards, she bit her delicate lip. Determination flared inside her beautiful eyes, "What's there to be afraid of? If I failed to escape, at worst I will let that old woman Qu use jia fa[3]. Lying for ten days to half a month would be enough to restore!"

In the next moment, once more confirming there was really no one nearby, she bended her waist, reached out her hands and quickly pulled slightly up the hem of her skirt. Then she made in high speed a knot, went toward the little rockery that was aside to climb up. Later on, she waited for an opportunity to step on a branch of small tree, that was almost on the verge of collapsing.

At last......

As she climbed to the edge of wall, just when she was about to to jump down, the height made her heart fill with fright.