Chapter 1: The new assignment

CHAPTER 1:

The New Assignment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing turns to hate so bitter as what once was love."

FINALLY. After all the training, I'm finally following the footsteps of my father.

"Potter" I hear snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Coming" I reply grabbing my things walking into the big board room, where I am greeted by the very own Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy in the doorway, he looks at me shocked.

"What is little Lily Luna doing in a big office like this" he sneers blocking the doorway

"Could ask the same thing" I reply shoving past him taking a seat. I hear him snicker before sitting across from me. Before long my father Harry Potter head of the Magical Law Enforcement Department walks in and we turn our attention to him.

"Hello everyone, thank you for meeting me here, I have asked your captains to collect each of there best Aurors for this assignment" he starts off and I look at my captain and he smiles, so I grin back.

"Now, this is a high-risk assignment if you wish to discontinue that is okay." He says and Malfoy looks at me so I say to him

"I guess you should pull out now, you have a record of doing that when things get too hard," I say and he knows what I mean

"Focus, please," my dad says and I turn to him sheepishly."I should tell you what this assignment is about; there is word a new drug has hit the streets that are killing people or giving them... obscured thoughts and ideas, you need to find what it is, who makes it and get it off the market."

I look at my notes before I say

"What things are people doing?"

"To put it this way St Mungos has had an attempted break-in into the labs and more than 25 wizards have committed suicide or committed minor crimes, and we can't contain this much longer."

"Wow" I breathe and Scorpius shakes his head, an unfathomable look on his face. It is so familiar that my chest flares with pain, raw and real as the day it first materialized. I bite back a sigh. My eyes are still trained on him when he asks 'when do we start'

"Tomorrow" he replies and the meeting ends, my captain comes up to me and reassures me that I'm the best fit, I thank him then walking up to my dad and he's talking to Scorpius, who looks at me and says

"Thanks, Harry" before exiting, I glare at his back

"Hey Flower"

"Hi dad" I reply

"Are you going to be okay... I insisted on-" he starts but I cut him off

"I'll be fine the past is in the past," I say, it's not half true.

"Okay," he replies "I'll meet you in 5," he says and I nod heading back to my office packing my things up before apparating home with my dad.

As soon as we get home I go straight up into my bedroom and get changed into something more comfortable, with one persistent memory constantly playing in my mind.

...

"Look, Lily, I think you're an amazing girl but..." Scorpius starts off

"But what," I say tears pooling in my eyes, I knew this was coming