Realising how close they were, the two girls jumped apart, suddenly both looking away as a shared awkwardness passed over them. This hadn't happened before to Exie in her whole life ... things just got weirder and weirder.

"Thank you - "

"I was just - "

They both began and ended at the same time before Lily pushed back a strand of hair behind her ear as she quickly said, "You go first."

"Oh, I was just going to say thank you for ... that."

"Well, couldn't let you fall now, could I?" Lily laughed, "You know ... only because of all the paperwork and McGonagall would want a word. Who's got the time with all the tests coming up?" Her eyes suddenly became round and alert, "I was joking, by the way."

Despite what Sirius had said, something delicate and sensitive about Lily having a 'stick rammed up her arse', Exie was coming to discover that Lily could actually be quite funny when she wanted - even if she felt the need to hastily apologise after.

"You were?" Exie opened her eyes in mock disbelief, "I thought you were serious ... oh, wait, you're Lily."

Lily's lips twitched at the corners before she suppressed it, folding her arms, "Witty. I'm sure nobody's ever said that one before."

"They're all copying me," Exie assured her, "I was the originator of the pun. Not to brag, but you're in the presence of the Pun Queen here."

"Oh, believe me, I know," Lily giggled, "I was there when you used not one but two out of place bread puns in a row, I might add."

It took Exie a moment to remember that this particular incident had occurred on the night of the great Severus escapade so hastily ended the conversation with some nifty finger guns before swiftly moving on, "So anyway ... you were heading somewhere before, I'll let you get on with it."

Following this, she began to move past Lily before twirling on her heel in the doorway as she realised the girl had remained still, "You were heading somewhere ... right?"

It took Lily a few seconds to react before her cheeks flushed even more crimson than they had before, "Er, yes ... I was but ... well, it's kind of been solved now," This took Exie aback, her face clearly reflecting as Lily hastily explained, "I wasn't looking for you specifically, thought you might be Mary or Marlene but I wasn't exactly looking for them either ... truthfully, I was just bored. The other girls had gone to spend time with Liam and a few of his mates but I was swotting for the Charms test on Tuesday. I ... I didn't do as well on the last one as I'd hoped and I wanted to do a bit better but sitting alone in the dorms gets sort of gloomy after a while until you're just looking at shapes on the wall and - "

"Did you see that the stain above Marlene's bed looks exactly like a lion?" Exie cut in before she could stop herself.

"The one near the right bed post?"

"Yep."

"Hmmm," Lily stroked her chin, "I think ... I thought it looked like a racoon but they both have spots ... different but kind of similar. Anyway, like I was saying, it's solved as you're back so we can hang out for a bit ... only if you want."

At this moment, old habits kicked in, "Well, I'm really quite tired as always plus me and the boys had a super intense evening but ..." Lily's face suddenly seemed to fall and another new instinct sprung forth, "I suppose I could stay up for a bit ..." The two instincts were now battling and Exie wasn't quite sure what she was saying anymore if she was honest, "But only in pyjamas so I can head straight to bed when we're done ... which could be a while ... but also not because I am tired as I said before."

[1] Exie Attia is one of the Boys ✓ | LILY EVANSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें