In gym class, the very annoying Captain America instructional video played. They had been watching various videos on various subjects practically every day since it was required by the state. It sure was annoying, but it was the closest these students were probably ever going to get to seeing a superhero, except for Ned and Angela.

"Hi. I'm Captain America. Whether you're in the classroom or on the battlefield-"

"Do you know him too?" Ned asked as he leaned towards Peter.

He looked around to make sure everyone was paying attention to the video, since he didn't want anyone hearing their conversation. "Yeah, we met. I stole his shield."

"-fitness can be the difference between success or failure."

"Oh, come on. That's a load of shit." Angela scoffed.

"You wish it was." He chuckled.

"Today, my good friend, your gym teacher, will conduct the Captain America Fitness Challenge."

"Thank you, Captain." Coach Wilson spoke in his usual monotone, "I don't want to be here" voice. "Pretty sure he's a war criminal, but I have to show these videos. It's required by the state. Let's do it."

Angela went to the ropes while Peter and Ned were doing sit ups. Ned held Peter's feet as he did sit ups, still going on about Spider-Man and the Avengers. It was nowhere near over. "Hey, can I be your guy in the chair?"

"What?" Peter questioned him, looking puzzled.

"You know how there's a guy with a headset telling the other guy where to go?"

Peter shook his head no, then Ned continued about what being the guy in the chair. "If you're in a burning building, I could tell you where to go. There'd be screens around me, and I could swivel around. I could be your guy in the chair."

"I don't need a guy in the chair." Peter replied sternly. There was no purpose for it, at least for now.

While this was going on Liz, Betty (a fellow member of the decathlon) and a few other students sat at the bleachers. They weren't doing what they were supposed to do, but they didn't really care. "Now, see, for me, it would be F Thor, marry Iron Man and kill Hulk."

"Well, what about the Spider-Man?" This caught the attention of Peter and Ned, and they couldn't help but overhear the conversation.

"It's just Spider-Man." Betty shrugged, not particularly caring.

"Did you see the bank security cam on YouTube? He fought off four guys." Liz gushed. She was pretty amazed by the whole thing, which caused her fellow classmates to assume the worst. "Oh, my God, she's crushing on Spider-Man."

"No way!" Liz quickly protested, but then changed her mind a little. "Well, kind of."

Peter and Ned exchanged a look, wondering if this was actually real life or just a fantasy. But it really was happening, and they continued to listen to the conversation.

"What if he's seriously burned?" Betty asked her in disgust.

"I wouldn't care." Liz answered defiantly. "I'd love him for the person he is inside."

"Peter knows Spider-Man!"

•••

I need to stop ending chapters like this

Also !! I will not be updating at ALL next week due to prom !! I've been taking multiple steps back on this account because of prom (and I deserve a break tbh) so don't be surprised !!