1954

My best friend Jessie was holding a party where all the girls dressed as flappers and the guys had their hair greased back as if they were in Footloose.

That was where I met him.

His soft caramel skin glistened in the moonlight. His electric blue eyes scowling the crowd, that tousled bed that got all the girls in school swooning.

We had never met before but I'm pretty sure that he went to my school. I think.

He was a senior and I was a freshman, that I could tell just by looking at him.

He had broad shoulders, lean, with just the right amount of muscle, showed off in his fitted black t-shirt.

I knew at that moment... when his eyes gazed into mine with no emotions other than curiosity and maybe wonder, that we would have a large impact on each other's lives.

I didn't know his last name, but i heard a boy call his name from across the crowd. The slowly surrounding wall of his, I knew nothing of it not till a dozen years later.

The whole crowd was drunk and I didn't want to be as well, so I went outside. 

I remember the crips air brushing across my cheeks and wisps of hair flying in front of my face as I opened the door.

My eyes adjusted to the beautiful escape of paradise I had found. A beautiful park where the light bounced off the water of a nearby lake with vividity. I was soo caught up in my feeling of awe that I hadn't noticed that I had also wandered upon him, along with said paradise. Evan. His laid back slouched back pressed up against the balcony. 

Never in my wildest imagination should I have been able to see this coming. He stretched his arms across the marble ledge of the balcony. He then turned around to face me. His next words would haunt me as long as I lived. More or less the fact that I hadn't heard them.

As he spoke, a large wind swooped in like an eagle throwing him into the wind like a plume off a musketeers hat.

What he said that night was swooped with the wind along with this body.