He followed Roger and Brian into the bar, where Freddie was meeting them and they weren't surprised to see their singer already sitting in a booth waiting for them.

"I'm surprised you managed to get this one to come out," he mused, handing each of them a shot before they could even sit down, "I'm proud."

"He didn't come willingly," Brian said, taking off his jacket, "Had to practically drag him from the house."

"Well, let's see how you lot are when your wife is days away from giving birth. Then you can criticise me for being so on edge." Deaky hissed, pulling his pint closer to him.

Keeping quiet, Roger sipped at his own drink because he knows that if he were in the same situation as John, he'd tell the others to piss off if they ever did this to him.

"Hannah's glad to get rid of you. Even if it is just for a couple of hours." Brian laughed.

John huffed and sips at his drink, "Won't be that if she does go into labour, will it?"

||-||

The book she had bought turned out to be pretty dull so Rebecca cut her bath short, climbing out just after half an hour and instead, made herself some hot chocolate before settling down in front of the TV which had a romance film called Love Story on and so she decided to watch that.

She just hadn't expected to be bawling her eyes out at the end of it. Nor did she think she'd get a phone call at one in the morning.

For a brief second, she panics. Who calls at such an hour if it's not to give bad news? What if Hannah's in labour? Of course, that's not bad news.

Throwing herself over the back of the couch to get the phone, she almost smacks her head off the sideboard but manages to escape injury.

"Hello?" she says breathlessly, "Hannah?"

"Hiya, love!"

Rebecca sighs in relief, "Roger."

"Have you been crying?" he asks immediately, "Are you okay?"

She laughs. He sounds completely wasted but he still manages to pick up on her mood so easy, "I'm fine. Been watching a sad film, that's all. Where are you?"

She can hear traffic and sirens in the background, along with a gaggle of voices. He's probably in a phone box.

"We're outside the pub," he answers, "But listen, don't wait up for me, yeah? 'm gonna stay at Freddie's tonight. Is that alright?"

Rebecca laughs again and toys with the phone cord, "You don't need to ask permission, Roger. I'm not your mum."

"So I can stay at Fred's?"

"Yes," she giggles, "I hope you're being careful."

"Look at you being all worried about me," he coos, "I'd better go. Freddie's managed to get us a taxi. I love you and I'll see you tomorrow."

"I love you too," she says softly, "Stay safe."

The line goes dead and Rebecca sighs.  She knows that there's a good chance that they're not going to be calling it a night like Roger says they are.

It doesn't happen often and in the time they've been together, they've only stayed out drinking all night once and Roger woke up tied to a hotel bed with a bedsheet after Brian put him there to stop him doing anything stupid.

She can only hope that Brian's there this time too.

||-||