Becoming Maftet

(Just age down that photo up there, we're a child right now and our stand has to reflect this as well.)

Quiet mewls came from your mouth as you cried out in hunger, the sounds felt both wrong and correct. You suckled on your mother between your squirming siblings and after satisfying your hunger, you drifted to sleep. It was like this for quite a few days before you got to open your eyes and stretch your body. It came as quite the surprise to you, but the familiar smells kept away the fear as you saw your majestic mother for the first time. She was a big cat, very specifically a cheetah.

You supposed that reincarnation actually was a thing then, you couldn't rationalize this any other way. Not knowing what to think about how life would be from now on, you resigned yourself to the idea that you had no choice. It could definitely have been worse, at least you liked cheetahs. For a while you'd lived off of what mother brought home and wrestled with your brothers and sisters, leaning to pounce and getting used to movement in general.

It wasn't too long until you'd gone out hunting for yourself. Mostly small things, like rodents, but it was satisfying being able to catch something of your own. You might actually be able to handle this new life of yours. As you'd gotten into your new rhythm after a few very trying months, life threw you a curve ball. You knew who she was instinctively when she came out of you and you knew that she was faster and stronger than you in every way. You had a stand, and she was Maftet.

Since she was an Egyptian goddess of punishing wrong-doers, 'slayer of serpents' as it were, you'd assumed you were in Egypt. If you had a stand, and were in Egypt, would it not be okay to consider that you might also be within the Jojo universe? You thought hard about the situation you were in. You probably wouldn't be able to do proper traveling as a predatory beast, people were out of the question too. They could capture or kill you and then you'd never meet the crusaders.

There was only one obvious course of action.

You'd have to meet them when they got to Egypt, and you're certain that they arrived from the red sea and had a vague idea of what you were looking for, but you had no idea where you were exactly. You didn't know when it would happen, and you also didn't know if you could survive the journey. At only maybe four months of age you considered yourself to still be a kitten, but there was a thrill in your heart that had you throw away your caution.

This was your chance for adventure and companionship! You didn't really want to just hunt for prey until you ended up dying some way or another right? Deep in your heart you knew, you really just wanted to see Kakyoin. You really liked all the characters, but none of them really tickled your heart the same way he did. Yep. You were sure. It was time to do or die.

You bid goodbye to the family of your new life in your heart and went out to search for the Nile as you began your morning hunt. Either you'd hit Cairo or you'd get closer to the red sea. Hopefully, you were going towards to red sea... Hopefully, you didn't get eaten by something else on the way.

A strong sense of security filled your small body as you used Maftet for the first time. She rent through your prey as if it wasn't even there and the slice went much further than you expected, leaving a neatly cut pile of flesh. You regarded your stand as you ate and felt just a little embarrassed. She was incredibly anthropomorphic, and you wondered if it was made by mixing your past life with this one. It was like you were a top tier loli furry, but it would be wrong to look at such a blessing with disdain.

To diminish your unjustified embarrassment, you gnawed animatedly on your fresh kill. Although it was small , you had to eat it all or otherwise hide it to keep from attracting danger to yourself. Clean away the scent. You couldn't meet Kakyoin if you died. Following your nose, you found the Nile before the end of the day and felt very proud of yourself. Now you just had to figure out where to go.

Going the wrong way and ending up in Cairo would be a bust, you couldn't enter there on your lonesome. You thought hard and smelled the air deeply for clues. Salty. The red sea was salty right? You think you remembered it being really salty water. Ok. Lets go that way! If you made it to the Red Sea, you could just go along it until you found cape banas. They surfaced near there. Gosh you paid too much attention to menial details... It was good to have landmarks though. You needed all the help you could get. There were too many uncertain factors... Especially the 'when' factor.

Looking over the calm section of the Nile that you've come across, you feel a bit anxious. The salty smell is coming from the other side. Its a wide river and you have no idea what could be in those waters. You also don't know if it'll always be this calm... lets get this over with. You send Maftet down to check for danger and it seems to be relatively safe right now. The water was freezing cold and your fur soaked it up quickly.

As you waded further and further, you worried that you'd die of hypothermia or that you wouldn't be able to make it all the way across. Your paws no longer touched the ground and the current pulled you gently along as you swam. You stopped for a little bit when you reached the middle where the current was much stronger, getting ready to do the other half.

This was absolutely exhausting.

When you finally made it to the riverbed, you shook the water off and collapsed. Were your muscles going to be sore? Damn, you hoped not. You spent the next few hours licking off water and letting the sun warm your chilly body. You needed to hunt one more time before you called it a day or you might starve. Although you were tired already, you had Maftet. She hunted for you. Even if she was incredibly powerful to you, Maftet's range was nothing to sneeze at.

After munching on a snake (you refused to eat the head and tossed it into the river) you cleaned up and went further towards the smell of salt while looking for a place to sleep. You didn't want to lay down for the night in the open. Stand or no stand, you were still an exhausted little kitten.