Lucy (based on the song Lucy by skillet)

This is a story based on one of my favourite all time songs.Lucy by Skillet.It's really sad and I recomend that the people who don't like rock don't listen to it,but the lyrics are very beautiful and I consider the song to be just as beautiful.Enjoy!

video on the skillet-lucy with lyrics

atro

My name is Micheal Davis.My life doesn't exist,it deosen't anymore.Not after losing Lucy.Today is the one year anniversary of Lucy's death...my death.

I brought a dozen roses to her grave today.Hoping to see her,to hear that everything was a joke,to hear her laugh at me,but it didn't happen,no matter how many times I wished to see her smile again she wouldn't come.

She left me alone.My life was gone,I was an empty shell.I couldn't believe that she was dead,the girl who could make a joke out of everything,the girl with the brightest smile,the girl that I love.

I laid the roses on her grave,softly,slowly like I could break them,like I could break myself.I couldn't even react when I heard about her death,I just laughed at my friend John who tried to explain the situation.When I saw her pale face,her dead body I just stood there frozen and felt like someone drained all the life out of me.

I fell in the grass on my knees and started cleaning the leaves from her grave,slowly,painfully slowly.I just wanted to give my life,to die instead of her,to kill myself,but she would probably hate me even more if I did that.I had to live my punishment,I had to live without Lucy.

After I finished cleaning,I just stood there,felt the wind.Everything felt weird,empty.Without her life didn't make sense and it was all my fault."Lucy.."I whispered.Her name was perfect for her,cute,full of life,fun,everything she was."I want to say that now that it's over I just wanna hold you.I would give up the world to see you here with me...I've gotta live with the choices I made.Wrong as they were,I know you want me to continue living.I don't understand why you ever loved me.You could have done so much better,you could have lived so much longer.Without me..."I just need to talk to her,atleast to tell her how I feel.

"I just can't live with myself today.The day when I remember all the mistakes I ever did,and the greatest one was leaving you.Remember your birthday,the day I told you how I felt,the day I promised you I would always stay by your side.I would do everything different if I had the chance,I would keep my promise.But now all I can do is give you these roses and beg for forgiveness."

"Do you remember that day?How could you possibly forget,right?After all it was your birthday,our three year anniversary and your deathday."

*FLASHBACK*

As I woke up in the morning.I got ready,very quietly so that I wouldn't wake you up and went downstairs to make you breakfast.I made you blueberry pancackes which I knew you loved.I woke you up as sweetly as I could.

"Lucy,wake up birthday girl.I've got your favourite breakfast and a kiss."You turned around and gave me a sleepy smile."I'll take the kiss for now."you said.I kissed you sweetly and gave you your breakfast.You finished your breakfast and went for a shower.

I ran to my closet and grabbed your presents.When you came out I told you to close your eyes and turn around.I clasped the necklace and brought you a mirror.It was a silver necklace with a waterlily charm.It was very hard to find but it was your favourite flower so I knew you would love it.You smiled and a tear left your eye.You hugged me and I told you that,that wasn't all.

I went to our bed and recovered your other present.It was a musical box which played "Everything I do I do it for you".Our song.I played it."Would you care to dance,my lady ?".