"You sure?" she asks and when he nods, she gives him a bright smile before making her way to the bathrooms.

Who was she to turn down a free drink?

||-||

Rebecca spent a lot longer in the bathroom than she had planned. There was a girl in there who needed a hand with her dress' zip, which was caught in her hair and of course, Rebecca helped her and then they got into a very long conversation about the girl's hair -it was so curly and shiny that Rebecca just had to know how he got it like that-.

The girl, whose name she found out is Maria, walked with her back to the main room and then disappeared to find her friends but not before writing the name of her shampoo on the back of Rebecca's hand with a pen she borrowed from the barman.

Before returning to her friends, she returns the pen and the smile that's on her face slips off when she sees Freddie and Paul stood at the bar and she scowls when she realises how close Paul is to Freddie and how he's whispering in his ear.

Now, she could go over there and break them up and kick up a little fuss but she can't because she looks over to her table again and sees that Mary is finally enjoying herself.

She can't ruin her birthday. She's not that type of person so instead, she puts a smile on her face and returns to the table.

"There you are!" Mary smiles.

"Yeah, sorry," she replied, "There was a hair emergency. What have I missed?"

"We were actually just talking about you and Roger," Alice hummed, "Any wedding plans made?"

"Crikey, no!" Rebecca laughs, "Things have been far too hectic for that. Y'know, with the album release and such. Plus, we have only been engaged for a few months."

"So none?"

"Sorry," she shrugs, "But as soon as anything is planned, you'll be the first to know."

"You have started thinking about things though, right?" Mary asks, "You know, the little things like dates? Venues?"

And she has. Well, she's tried to. But every time she imagines herself walking down the aisle freaks her out.

Just thinking about all the people who are going to be staring at her gives her the absolute fear
And she doesn't quite know what she's going to do. How is she going to tell Roger that maybe she doesn't want a big wedding?

That too gives her the fear because she doesn't know how he'd take it.

||-||

Roger hated it when Rebecca got drunk. She was a lightweight and when she drank, she could speak to anyone. And he means anyone.

She becomes everyone's best friend; whether it be a group of students stood at the bar or an old man who just came out to get a quiet pint in his local.

If you're in the same pub as her, you're going to find yourself talking to her at one point.

And she has the most infuriating habit of disappearing without telling anyone where she's going and nine times out of ten, when Roger goes looking for her, she's either at the bar eating a plate of chips or arguing with the bartender, saying that she's not that drunk and if he cut her off now, he'd just be being rude.

And apparently, that's exactly what she's been doing.

He'd gotten a phone call from Brian who said that they were going to be heading home soon and that he wanted to warn him of the bomb-scare of a girlfriend he was bringing home to him.

"How drunk is she?" he asks, hearing Freddie yelling in the background, "I thought that it was just going to be a quiet night."

"She's pretty wasted," Brian said, "And it was. Until Freddie brought a round of tequila.

"Okay," Roger chuckles, "Glad you had a good night, Bri."

After hanging up, he makes himself a cup of tea and lays down on the couch and decides to stay up and wait for her instead of going to bed like he'd planned.

He doesn't hear the taxi pull up so he doesn't see Rebecca trying to navigate the steps up to the flat with Brian hovering behind her, arms out ready to catch her if she falls backwards but she makes it.

It took her ten minutes but she made it.

Finding her keys, however, is a completely different ball game and it's not long before Brian's had enough and is knocking loudly on the door and Roger opens it in time to hear Rebecca scolding the guitarist, saying that Roger will be asleep.

Seeing that Roger is now ready to take over with the care of his girlfriend, Brian gives her a gentle push forward into his arms,

"Roger!" Rebecca cheers, throwing her arms around his neck as she stands on her tiptoes to plant a sloppy kiss on his lips, "Hi babe!"

"One drunk girlfriend," Brian sighs, "Good luck, Rog. She talked my ear off in the cab."

"Thanks for bringing her home," he smiles, letting her go so she can sit down on the couch, "Where's Alice?"

"In the taxi telling the driver that I'm in a very famous band," he snickers, giving him a wave as he heads for the stairs again, "Goodnight, Rog."

He closes the door quietly behind him, turning to see Rebecca looking at him with drooping eyes, "Why are you staring at me?"

She gets up on her knees as he comes to stand behind the couch, poking his cheek lightly, "You're so pretty."

"Alright," he laughed, "I think it's time for bed, don't you?"

He leans against the bathroom door as she brushes her teeth, and in the bedroom, she grins when he sits her down on the bed so he can take her shoes off, placing her hand on top of his head to mess up his hair, "You're so good to me, Rog."

He helps her unzip her dress and pull it off and helps her climb into the bed, laying down beside her as she gets comfortable.

"Roger?" she hums, resting her head on his chest.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

Laughing quietly, he presses a kiss to her forehead. She' s a sappy drunk.

||-||

I know I'm skipping chunks of time but I don't want to repeat the same stuff all the time