She's scared

Glimmer POV:

I looked around my room, staring at the glitter particles that surrounded me. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't help but keep thinking about Adora. 

She's one of the greatest people I've met. When I first met her, I didn't trust her, at all. After all, she was from the Horde, a group who's hurt so many innocent people. But, she was innocent, she had absolutely no clue about the Horde's doings. Once we got past that, we became friends pretty quickly. 

And yet, I wanted to be more than that. Every time I'm around her, my heart beats faster. I'm lucky that I don't become a blushing mess most of the time I'm around her, though when I do become bright red or a blushing mess I usually get away somehow.

And I'd be lying if I said that she wasn't hot. Her bright eyes give you a sense of comfort, her hair was really soft, almost softer than the silk curtains that we have around the castle, when she smiles is so contagious you can't help but smile back, the way her body looks in the sun...

I shook my head to stop myself from daydreaming. I blinked a few times and looked around, there was so much glitter that it dimly lit the room. I sighed, I had been crushing on Adora for too long and lost myself in my thoughts. Then again, I didn't mind thinking about her. I could find myself to be getting lost in thought at random times just thinking about her. 

I sighed, and teleported from my bed to the floor. Since I can't sleep, I decided to walk around the castle for a little while. I carefully opened my door to make sure it wouldn't creak. I walked out into the hallway and closed the door, summoning a small orb of light to help me see. 

I wandered the halls for a little while, passing the different rooms. I still couldn't get Adora out of my mind. As luck would have it, I was by her room. I stood in front of her door before deciding to walk away. I didn't get far before I decided to turn back around and go back to her door. I sat down in the front of her door, leaning my head against it.

I wanted to be close to her, I wanted to be in bed with her, snuggling together after a long day. I wanted to be close to her, to burrow my head in her neck. I want that, I want it so badly. Yet, I don't know if she feels the same way. I sighed softly and turned to look down the hall, there was nothing, big surprise. 

Quietness enveloped around me, all I could hear was the sound of my breathing. I leaned sideways against the door, getting rid of the light orb and just relaxing in the darkness. The only source of light was from the few sparkles that surrounded me. I enjoyed the silence, it was like the world paused around me. 

I was sitting in front of the door for a little while, it seemed like I didn't have a care in the world. I smiled, leaning my head against the door again. All I could hear was my breathing for a little, then something else. I couldn't quite make out what it was, but it was coming from behind the door. I held my breath, trying to make it easier to hear the sound. It almost sounded like, crying.

I got up to my feet and looked at the door. I checked both sides of the hallway, there wasn't anything that would be able to make that noise. I put my ear up to the door, holding my breath again. Once again, only faintly could I hear the sound. It was coming from Adora's room. I grabbed the handle, trying to open the door. It wouldn't budge, Adora probably locked the door. 

I decided to teleport to get into her room, just going past the door. I stayed quiet, letting my eyes adjust for a second. When my eyes adjusted I could see that Adora was hunched over on her bed, shaking violently. I could hear her whimper and make small sounds of pain and sadness, it hurt to look at.

"Adora?" I swiftly walked over to her bed, she didn't look up, almost like she didn't hear me. I sat down next to her on the bed, that got her attention. Her head snapped up at me, her eyes were red, in the moonlight glow I could see her face was kind of red. She looked at me confused, bringing her hand up to my cheek, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. I placed my hand over hers

"Glimmer?" Her once angelic voice now sounded rough and scratchy, her shaking seemed to die down a little. "It's me, it's okay. Adora what-" She pulled me into a hug, crying even more. She had a tight grip on the back of my shirt, her face was buried in my shoulder. I prayed that she wouldn't be able to hear how loud my heart was beating. I started to do small circles on her back, trying to get her to calm down.

She was muttering to herself, still crying. I kept doing the circles on her back, her shaking was practically gone. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She murmured, catching me a little off guard. "I woke you didn't I?" She said softly, her voice still pretty scratchy. I shook my head. "No, I couldn't sleep. Was that another nightmare?" Adora nodded her head in response. 

"I'm, so sorry Glimmer. I-I didn't, I couldn't save you." Adora didn't look up at me, but the grip on my shirt tightened. She nuzzled into me even more, she was starting to make me blush. Still, I had to keep it together, for her sake. This nightmare seemed worse than the others. I decided that I should ask her what it was about, that usually helped her calm down a little. 

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" I took one of my hands and started to run it through her hair, the other hand still doing circles on her back. "I-I don't know what happened, I was just surrounded by these smoldering buildings. The only other people there were you, Bow, Scorpia, and Catra. Scorpia had Bow in her grasp, and you, you were kneeling in front of Catra. Catra pulled a dagger from her pocket and put it against your throat. Then she, then," Her breathing hitched, I could tell that she was trying to keep herself from crying again

"I can't, I can't see you dying in my arms again." She started to shake again as she hugged me tight. I took my hand out of her hair and lifted her chin up. "Hey, it's okay. I'm right here." She gave me a faint smile, I could feel my heart get a little faster. My hand slid down her back a little, making her flinch. "Are you okay?" I was worried that I hurt her, she shook her head. "No, I, I did that to myself."

She could tell that I looked a little confused so she showed me what she meant. Her back had a few scratch marks on it. "You didn't hurt me, they just sting a little." I didn't want to leave her here alone, especially after what had happened. I pulled her closer to me, letting her lay on my shoulder. 

I could tell that she was a little tense, I started to run my hand through her hair. "Here Adora, get some sleep. I'll be right here in case you have another nightmare." Adora didn't say anything, she just put her arm around my other shoulder. I started to softly sing to soothe her, she always said that I had a good voice. I could see that she was starting to fall asleep. 

After a few minutes of my singing, she was out cold. I looked down at her, she was smiling. Looking out the window in the room I could see that it was going to be morning soon, but I didn't care. She was really warm, it felt nice. It would be better if she got more sleep and if we moved the training to a little later, I would just have to find Bow in the morning and let him know.