Where's Christen?

Start from the beginning

She stopped and thought about it, "yeah, you have a good point." 

I patted her arm, "its cool man, you know I'd do the same right?" She nodded, "okay, see ya later bud." 

I grabbed my next class's binder and headed off to my class. 

----------------

It was the end of the day, and I headed down to the locker room to change. I changed next to Moe, Julie, and Allie, and all walked down to the field where usually Christen would be shooting or something, but wasn't. 

I became worried, knowing now she hasn't been here all day made me think if she is okay. Instead, Ms. O'hara and Ms. Lloyd were here, sitting in silence. 

I looked at my friends, and they had the same expressions. Once the whole team got down, O'hara and Lloyd called us over. We sat down around the both as they paced the grass. 

"Okay girls, we're cancelling practice today, and probably the next day, because we got some news from the Police that Coach Press is missing," said O'hara. 

We all gasped and started whispering to one another. I was in complete shock and couldn't say anything. My hands went numb, and I couldn't feel the grass that was under me. How could I have let this happen?

Once everyone's voiced died down, O'hara continued, "Some neighbours saw her backdoor open, and called the police who checking in we're not going to get into details, but there was a mess throughout the first floor of her house." 

That was enough details for me. I couldn't breath, and wanted to start crying, but used my will against to do that. 

"We've began a search for her, but we wanted to tell you girls first. We have not gone public with this yet, and will soon. Probably tomorrow morning. I'd like to say I'm so sorry that this had to happen, and we will find her," Lloyd tried to reassure us, but I could tell she was having a hard time to convince that to herself. 

"So practice is cancelled like we said, and I implore you girls to support one another during this time," suggested O'hara. We all nodded, but me, and began to pack up and leave. 

I sat there, staring at the ground. I could feel a single tear go down my right cheek. I didn't cry outloud, but cried in silence. 

"Hey," I felt a hand on my back. I looked up to see Alex, "we're going to find her," she said. 

"I know, and we will," I said as I stood up and tried to convince her I was "okay". She gave me a brief, but warm hug before walking off with Sydney. 

The rest of my movements were slow, walking to my car was slow, driving felt slow, and talking felt even slower. I was in a haze that I couldn't see an end. 

------------------

I ended up at Snuffies, where of course there was only a couple of people. I sat at the bar stool and sat there with my untouched chocolate milkshake. My mind was racing at all the worst possibilities to my faults as her girlfriend. 

"Hey Tobin, you seem to be here pretty early with practice," said Marcus. 

"Didn't have it," I kept it short. 

I heard him shuffle around, "everything okay kiddo?" 

I stopped at my train of thought and just stared, "Christen's house got broken into," I started. 

"Another one, is she okay?" He sounded worried. 

I looked at him, and began to release all my emotions. I began to cry and I couldn't stop. I shook my head and tried to not make a lot of noises. I hated crying, especially in public.