My Highlight of the Day was...

Start from the beginning

"I would love to, but I have to go meet Kira for a stupid interview at coffee," I explained. 

"Oh, well, okay I guess. I mean if that means clearing things up with her, then I guess that works," she said with dissapointment in her eyes. 

"Hey, I'm sorry, but if I have time after I'll text you?" I tried to make her feel better. 

"Okay, just don't have fun without me," she teased. I wanted to kiss her right there and then, but I knew that would just be sooooooo stupid, so I just gave her a smile, and nodded her to go back to the drill. 

----------------

"Okay, well have fun with Kira," she said after practice was over. 

"Thanks, I'll tell you how it went after," I promised her. She smiled, and walked off with her friends. I grabbed my bag, and walked up to my car to see Kira. 

I knew I kinda smelled bad, so I arrived early and quickly changed into more normal clothes at the bathroom and ordered a cup of coffee. 

I sat down at the more "living room" scene in the coffee, and waited for Kira, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

"Hi, thanks for joining me on short notice," she said with a smile. 

"Of course, I'm glad to talk," I partially lied. She nodded and grabbed a coffee and set up her recording device. 

"Wow, you pack light," I said.

"Gotta travel light with this kind of job, that's why I wouldn't want to carry a duffel bag or anything like that everywhere I go," she said without looking up. 

Can she get any ruder? Stay calm Christen, she's not going to crack you. I shrugged the commet off, and waited until she was done. 

"So, I'd like to start off by asking you, what it was like winning that game against Columbia?" 

I was slightly shoked she wasn't answer any of her burning questions. I was assuming she would go right into it, but I respect her for going in easy, "It was such a good feeling to have that behind us. I'd like to say the other team worked very hard, but it all comes down to who will pull through the finsih line. My girls have worked their tails off for that game, and I'm here to say, we've got our eyes set on the championship," I said proudly. 

"That's so nice to hear from our new head coach, but what do you think when taking responsibilities with outside activities? There's been some rumors that your girls who play soccer, have shown up to some parties." 

"I am aware that there are rumors about parties, but I keep in contact with their parents during those times and they say their kids are at home at the same time." How dare she goes attacking my players! Forget at what I said about respecting that bitch. 

"My apologies, that will go off the record," she said, noticing at my reaction. 

"Now... we've heard some troubles going on in your neighborhood, and would like to know if that event won't distract you from your coaching?" 

"My house is completely fine. I've taken the right measures in making sure no one or nothing will come in without notice," I said through gritted teeth. I am  so close to leaving. 

"Last question with you Press, but have you heard any news from your past teammates in Sweden?" 

That was the last straw. I turned off her recording device and looked straight in her eyes, "look, I don't know what your trying to do here, but this is not the interview I sighened up to," I glared.