{•Chapter Fifteen•}

Start from the beginning

Leon pressed his body against Gwen's, causing her to gasp. The man took the chance and deepened the kiss, feeling her pale skin heat up under his touch. Her hands snaked up his sides and around his torso, clutching the back of his vest tightly.

The kiss lasted for what felt like hours but was only a few minutes, in reality. Forced to pull apart due to the need for oxygen, Gwen rested her head on Leon's chest, hands splayed across his back. The silence was shattered when the officer placed his hand on the back of her head, cradling it against his chest. "I love you. I hope you know that, Gwen."

The archivist nuzzled her cheek against Leon's chest with a loving smile. "Of course, I do, silly. I love you, too, Leon." Even though the couple was in the sewer, they enjoyed their blissful moment every second of the way. Though Ada was missing, the dress-wearing woman had escaped their thoughts for a few minutes as they shared an intense, hungry kiss.

Leon pulled away from Gwen but not before placing a quick peck on the cheek. "As much as I love this, we need to find Ada. Do you have any clue where she went?"

Gwen looked away for a brief second, shrugging her shoulders. "No idea. I was busy tending to your wound that I didn't pay attention to where she went. I did hear a couple of explosions, though. From what or where, I've no clue."

The blonde peered down over the railing, staring down at the sewage below. "Guess we're going down." Glancing back at Gwen, he smirked slightly. "You ready for some more swimming?"

"I'll make sure to keep my mouth shut this time," the young woman responded with a small grimace.

"Let's go."

The couple drop down into the murky water with a splash, pushing through pieces of trash as they followed the sewage system. The path divided, but one avenue was sealed shut. Behind the metal bars, Gwen was able to see a stairwell. "Think we can go through the right tunnel and reach the stairs?"

"We'll just have to see," Leon said, leading the way with his pistol at the ready.

They were able to reach the stairwell without incident. Leon and Gwen pulled their bodies out of the sludge, spotting a corpse leaning against the wall. Gwen refused to go up the stairs when she recognized the mask that obscured the man's face. "It's them..."

Leon was at the top of the small stairwell when he heard the archivist mumble to herself. "Who's "them"?"

"I recognize that mask from anywhere. It's the exact same one the men who killed my parents wore."

The officer eyed the body as he walked over to it. Squatting next to the rotting corpse, a patch on the man's sleeve caught his eye. "His jacket has the Umbrella insignia on it. Are you sure it was an underground lab and not the sewer you were taken to?"

Gwen nodded, walking up the stairs to join Leon. "I'm positive. I would've remembered the smell if this was the place. The lab smelt like chemicals and cleaning supplies. This is definitely not the place."

"We must be getting close if there are dead Umbrella guards here." Leon stood up and examined the other corpse not too far from the deceased guard. By the dead body was a video cassette with "Operation Nestwrecker (2)" taped to the side.

"Better hang on to that. Might be something helpful if we can find out what's on it," Gwen said.

"Yeah." Leon took the video cassette and turned when the sound of groaning startled him. A zombie dragged its body out of the room behind them. Gwen easily killed the monster, the single bullet being enough to cause its head to explode.

The duo pressed onward, maneuvering through the sewer system. Many of the sewage and construction workers' bodies were still in the sewer, creating a steady flow of enemies for Leon and Gwen to push through in their search for Ada.