Erica nods her head agreeing.
" You already know! My moms and grammy was kickin' ass and taking names baby!
Every weekend it was bookoo people in the house getting tricked on. That's really how I learned watching them. They would pull some fly shit sometimes too... you know fix the deck to there liking every now and again. Then that's when people a get alil' crazy tryna fight and shit. " I chuckle a little as she shakes her head
reminiscing on her childhood.

" That's crazy E how women would lose damn near by the end of the night their whole paychecks. " Erica cackles throwing her head back. " Looney yo, then come back to get that ass beat again the next weekend. Make no mistake my moms and grammy would give out whoopings but, they took some also. " She confesses shuffling the cards.
" Shoot, I listen as she continues on chewing on my ice from the peach tea , We used to pay rent, lights, gas, even go shopping with the money they would make! Good times... " E express with delight.
" They were something else. " I giggle lightly. " Sho ya right! " Erica agree.

Suddenly the housephone and Erica's cell goes off at the same time scaring me.
" Who that ? " My eyebrows furrow in confusion as my heart smiles partially.
Could that be my Pops calling to chat with me? I miss my Pop something awful but, I'm also tight because he cancelled on me. Sundays is our day.
I don't care about the person that shot me right now or, if he caught the person.
I just want my Pops!

" Girl you know who it is , she smiles at me goofily urging me on, hurry before he hang up! My man is calling I'll take this upstairs. " Erica grins hopping up. Ri-Ri runs to and up the stairs while answering her cell with an angelic voice.
" Hello! "
I lift my being off the carpet with a grunt jogging to the cordless phone that rest upon the table in front of the window.

My breathing picks up my chest rising and falling slightly faster than normal. My clammy hand reach out to snatch the phone off the charger.
' Alijah, girl calm down what you catching anxiety for? ' " Relax, you wildin'. " I whisper to myself hastily. Answering the phone disregarding the number because, Pops calls from all kinds of numbers.

" Hello? " I answer with uncertainly in my tone as I collide with the sofa laying my body out. " Hey, Ebony eyes wassup baby?! " A medium deep voice with rasp and twang travels through the speaker alerting my ears like a hound.
" Un uh!, Who is this?! " My face scrunches up in confusion. I know it's not who I think it is! I only met dude once but I remember that voice because of the slight accent. One I never heard before.

" Yo, come on babygirl we both know you know just from how hostile you just got. You switched up quick. " He chuckles as my eyes roll to the ceiling my lips smirk.
" Breeze is that you? " I ask knowingly.
" Oh you remember me now? " I could only imagine B smiling from here.
" Oh yeah!, I squeal running my tongue over my teeth mischievously , How could I forget you baby?! Hot dick Breeze! " I exclaim ecstatic while his cackles tickle my ear. " You bought me drinks and thangs! How could I forget you honey?! "

" Oh, so I'm Hot Dick Breeze? That's messed up girl! Why you dissing me like that I thought we was cool? "
This guy here yo! My lips smack loudly in our ears. " We are cool honey my tone descends into a deep one as if I were telling him the 4-1-1, but if I'm not mistaken I did watch you run off like ya Johnson was hot! I ain't gone tell nobody though. " I promise as he breakout in another fit of laughter.
I release a few chortles that brings a smile to my face. " Breeze you silly yo. "
"I like you, we about to be friends forever you keep making me laugh like that! " He exclaims letting go of a " Woo! " go like he had to catch his breath.