"Of course! She's such an angel."

"Oh she was just on her best behaviour. She knew we had a guest," I chuckled. 

Our food came out, and once I took a bite of the burger, I felt like sinking in relaxation, "Holy crap, that's a good burger!" 

"There's no other place like it!" Tobin said. We cheered with our milkshakes, and started chattering away. 

At one point during the dinner, Tobin asked a question that sorta threw me off guard, "Christen, I've been trying to ask you this, but you don't have to." 

"Tobin, its fine, if its about my past, go ahead," I comforted. 

"Well, I was wondering if you've stayed in touch with your teammates. Do you see them? Skype?" 

"Not really. After my deflation scandal and they found out it was me, they cut ties. My best friend on that team was the last person who I said goodbye to before I took off to the states. No one else came to say goodbye." 

"Oh wow. I'm so sorry Christen. That must've been horrible." 

"Eh, it is waht it is. And I payed the price from it." 

"Do you still talk to your friend?" 

"We used to, but then we just stopped. I guess she's moved on," I said sadly. 

Tobin held my hand that was on the table, I felt safe and comforted by her touch, "Well, one thing for sure is that I'm not going anywhere," she said, giving me a warm smile. 

I smiled back. "Hole In The World" by Eagles started playing on the juke box, and that was Tobin's que to stand up and offer another dance. 

I gratefully accepted and we started slow dancing. I had my hands wrapped around her neck, while her's was around my waist. I rested my head on her shoulder, just letting the dance speak our emotions. 

"Are you afraid?" I asked. 

"Huh?" she said.

"Afraid someone's going to find out? What about the waiter?" 

"That waiter is my cousin, and he won't do anything that would expose me," she reassured me, "and yes, I'm afraid, but being with you makes all those feelings go away." 

"Tobin, if something happens to you, I don't know what I'd to do myself." 

"Shhhh, I won't let anything happen, to me, or to you," she looked in my eyes, and I saw her hazel eyes. 

We continued dancing until the music stopped, "I guess we should head to our homes huh?" I said. 

"Yeah, makes sense, its a school night anyways," she said. We grabbed our coats, and before we got into our cars, we hugged and Tobin planted a passionate kiss. 

"I'll see you tomorrow," she said. Her boyish charm making it all the better. I blushed, and got in my car. I squealed a little, and turned on the car to head home. 

Next Day 

As soon as I headed in the school, teachers began congradulating for our big win last night, which I almost forgot about since I was so focused on my date with Tobin. 

"Thanks!" "The girls worked hard!" "It was nothing" was basically what I said. 

I got to my office, and not a moment for me to sit down was when Kelley and Carli came in. 

"There's are super coach!" said Kelley. 

"Hey guys, what's up!" 

"Nothing, just so proud you carried the mantel of beating Columbus!" said Carli.