{•Chapter Ten•}

Start from the beginning

"You missed," Leon stated stoically.

"I'll give you a proper kiss later. For now, we've got an electrical part to find," the woman replied.

"I'm gonna hold you to that." Leon set Gwen back onto her feet with his usual charming smile.

The couple could feel the heat from the combusted helicopter from where they stood. It seemed the rain was of no help in extinguishing the roaring flames. Leon grabbed a handle and pulled it. Rushing water was heard through the pipe, but it spilt from the rupture in it. "Shit. Guess we'll need to redirect the water to the left pipe."

"The only other way we can go is down the stairs," Gwen stated, gesturing to the stairwell behind them. "I'm not sure where that staircase leads."

"We better find out, then," Leon said.

Not wasting another second, the duo walk down the stairs and were greeted by the sound of banging. Leon and Gwen drew their handguns and waited for the door to burst open. The banging ceased as the door flew open and two zombies emerged from the boiler room. "Party out here, I guess," Gwen said, firing a few rounds. Leon followed suit and both monsters were dead.

Gwen entered the boiler room while Leon checked outside. The archivist found a key with a green club on the tip taped to a dry-erase board with "someone lose a key?" written in red marker and an arrow pointing to the silver object. She eagerly grabbed it and ran out of the room. "Leon!" The sable-haired woman found him by a bright yellow lever. "I found a key."

"And I think I found a way to redirect the water to the left pipe," he said as he turned the valve, creating a high-pitched squeal.

Back on the roof, Leon and Gwen were able to put the fire out. They left the roof and headed back inside the station, their soaked bodies chilled to the bone. Turning the corner, they spotted the helicopter. Gwen didn't see a way around it and wondered what they could do. "So, we put out the fire. How're we-"

The helicopter was suddenly lifted and tossed aside as if it weighed nothing, revealing a large man with gray skin and wearing a black coat and top hat.

"Jesus Christ!" Leon shouted, grabbing his pistol

Gwen was more amazed at the sight of the large, bulky man. "He kinda looks like that one villain from-"

"We've gotta move!" Leon grabbed Gwen's hand and dragged her back to the roof. The towering man stomped after them, easily fitting through the small doorframe by bending down. The officer pulled out his shotgun and fired a single round at the brute's head. His top hat fell off, but the shell wasn't enough to stop him. "Shit...!"

Seeing Leon had to reload, Gwen grasped her pistol and unloaded an entire clip into the man's skull. He kept approaching, forcing the couple to back away. The assailant lunged out, fist aiming directly at Leon. The archivist grabbed and pulled him out of the way before the fist made contact with his face. "Forget him! We'll just have to go around him!"