"Too much," Hannah huffs, "God, I wish that was me. Why can't he carry the baby? He'd probably like it more than me."

Giggling, Rebecca puts her hand on her shoulder and leads her away from the boys, "Come on. I'll stay off the booze with you."

Hannah's quick to shake her head, "Oh no. You don't have to do that. Honestly, Becca, please. Have a drink, or five, on me."

Mary appeared and after giving Rebecca a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek (they hadn't seen each other since the Top of the Pops recording), they make their way toward the bar.

"Two gin and tonic and orange juice, please," Hannah grumbled upon reaching it, leaning on Mary's shoulder and Rebecca took a good look around the venue they'd picked.

"This place is nice. Though, who are all these people?"

"That's a good question," Hannah said, looking at Mary, "How about you ask your fiancee who these people are. When I agreed to let him plan this little shindig, I had something a lot smaller and planned."

"Well," Mary said as she handed Rebecca her drink, "Really, it's your own fault. You know for a fact that Freddie doesn't know the meaning of the words small and party."

Huffing, Hannah grabbed her orange juice and sat herself down on the closest bar stool. No, he did not.

||-||

If Rebecca knew anything about John Deacon, it was that if he was drinking, he needed a lookout to make sure he didn't go too far.

It started out okay; Hannah was with him, she stopped him when it looked like he was having too much but then she left, saying that she was tired and that John should stay and when he agreed, she left him in the care of Alice.

Of course, Alice then disappeared, leaving Rebecca with the drunk bass player.

She was nursing her gin and tonic while Roger was off somewhere with Freddie, probably causing trouble and she could have cried with relief when Brian fell down onto the seat beside her.

All John had talked about was how beautiful Hannah had looked in her dress tonight.

"Please," Rebecca begged, resting her hand on Brian's shoulder, "Save me."

He gives her a toothy grin and takes a sip of his own drink before leaning in so she can hear him, "Where's Alice?"

"Alice?" she repeats, "I'm not sure. Maybe she went outside? Why?"

"I want to say thank you."

"For what?" she asked.

"Helping me when I was sick of course," he said, "I'll go have a look."

"Wait, Brian!" Rebecca cried, "Don't leave me!"

He waved a hand before disappearing into the crowd of dancers and she frowned, looking at John again to see him doing some weird dancing in his seat.

Whoever was playing the music decided to play Now I'm Here and as soon as it started, the crowd of dancers cheered and threw their hands up in the air as they sang along.

John was nodding his head to the beat, just as Roger jumped over the back of the couch so he was on her other side.

"Hello, beautiful," he greeted, giving her a sloppy kiss on the lips, "Are you having fun?"

"I would be having more if I wasn't on Deakysitting." she laughed, taking a sip of her drink as they both looked at the bassist, "Look at him getting his disco on. He's so drunk."

"Becca!" Deaky yelled, pulling on the sleeve of her dress like a child until she looked at him, "Becca, who is this they're playing?"

"What?" he couldn't be serious.

Roger snorted into his glass as John continued bopping around in the seat, "'m just saying that the song is pretty good. The band are good. Who are they?"

"Queen, John," Roger answered, "You know, the band you're in? With Brian, Freddie and I?"

"I'm in a band?"

"Jesus Christ," Rebecca laughed, standing up to take his drink from him, "I think it's time we cut you off."

"I'll have it," Roger hummed, drinking the last of his whisky before taking the other glass from her as John, obviously bored with their lack of conversation, got up from his seat and stumbled off into the crowd, probably to find Freddie.

Well, at least he was someone else's problem now.

||-||

kinda want to write a wee one-shot or something about alice and brian, ya feel me? but don't know where i'd post it. in this book or do i make another one for...bonus content