fancy meeting you here

Start from the beginning

El, of course didn't see that, but she did see a blur of fiery red hair go by.

"Max?" El was so glad she had run in to her. Since she had never asked for Max's number, she had no way of contacting her.

Max glanced at El, but kept walking.

"Max? What's wrong?"

She followed Max toward the front of the store, Max still not acknowledging her. She reached out and touched her arm, trying to get her attention.

Max turned around, roughly shoving El's hand off of her arm.

"I saw you with Troy. What you think since you're only here for a few months that you can just go after other people's boyfriends?" 

What?? El had never been so confused.

"What are you talking about? I didn't go after Troy?"

"No? Well he told me all about how you wanted to sneak off and mess around that night at the beach!"

Of course he did.

"Oh my God, he's the one who asked me that and I turned him down! Max, I would never do that!"

Max wasn't convinced. Why would she trust some random girl over the guy she loved?

"Save it. I saw the way you were looking at him."

"Like he's a disgusting pig? Because that's exactly how I was looking at him."

Max stormed out the front door, El following right behind her to hopefully convince her that she was telling the truth.

Only she didn't get the chance, the sound of the alarms beeping right as she walked through the door stopping her. She looked around confused as to why the alarms were going off when she had nothing in her hands.

A security guard rushed over, demanding to check her bag. She willingly handed it over, not expecting him to pull out a handful of bracelets she had never seen before.

"I didn't take those! I don't even know how they got in my bag!" El frantically told the man. She looked out the window to see Max standing on the other side of the street, with a smug grin on her face.

She put those in my bag?? What a fucking bitch.

Unfortunately the store owner didn't believe that El was set up, so he called the police, which is how El ended up in the front seat of her dad's car. Neither of them saying a word.

They had called him to come down to the station, which he was not thrilled about. Sara wasn't too surprised though, considering El had done this before.

Only this time, she didn't do it and nobody was believing her.

She told the police what had happened, but they figured she was just making it up.

Luckily, the store owner had working security cameras, so they were going to check the footage. They let El go for now, since they had no proof yet whether she did it or not.

As soon as they pulled into the driveway, El rushed out of the car and into the house.

She shoved her suitcase out in the middle of the floor, throwing all of her clothes in it.

Sara and her dad were now in the living room, both of them freezing when she came out of the room, with her suitcase in tow.