I saw both men laughing and shaking hands. They were really having fun while the three of us just stood staring at them. Ola's father then told us to join them.

"Ola tell your ladies to sit down with us."  Ola told us to sit down and we thanked his father.

"Bring them something to drink." Ola left us to get some drinks. While he was away my father and his father were having fun joking about Ola's exploit in bringing two women to the house.

"Ah my friend only your son carry two come?" my father asked

"Na de one wey him go fit handle naim he carry come." They laughed while I and Nancy stared at each other in disbelief.

"Me I only introduced one woman to my father. Our young men of these days maybe they have more power." I couldn't believe these two men could play around with us like that. I shook my head in disbelief.

"Well provided they have more power to work. We now, we have power to enjoy."

"Ah my friend you talk true." Soon Ola came and served us drink and then sat down with us. And that's when my father decided to talk about  me and Ola.

"So my friend, let's talk seriously." He adjusted his voice and started.

"You see these two young people?"  He pointed at me and Ola, "So many cancelled appointment means either your son is not taking my daughter seriously, or he is not interested in her at all."

"My friend, let me apologize to you and your daughter. Let us forget the past, right now we are all here. This is not something anyone can escape now. So let us hear from them." said Ola's father. Everyone was silent as my father spoke up again.

"My son, so this is my daughter Tola." He told Ola.

"Right now as we are here, there is tension in my house. My wife is not talking to me and neither  is she talking to her daughter. Ask me why there is tension? It is because my daughter said she loves you and wants to spend the rest of her life with you."

Then facing his friend he said, "My friend, her problem is, she hardly sees him, and if she sees him he stays only for a few seconds and leaves.

"Go on I'm listening."

"This situation has given my daughter the idea that your son is not interested in her. " I looked at my father and then looked at his friend. Ola's father had all this while bent his head  as he listened attentively. I looked at Nancy and she winked at me.

While I felt her support, I was only praying this day end quickly as I didn't know what to expect from Ola. And I didn't want another disappointment. 

"My son?" Ola's father after so much reflection was addressing Ola.

"What is wrong with this young girl that you are not interested in her?"  Ola got up to speak. I felt my heart thump against my chest. 

"Baba, I have always been interested in her." he replied.

"So interested you can't give her attention? What type of a man does that?" Ola couldn't answer.

"Did you hear what she said? She said she wants to spend the rest of her life with you. Me, even your mother no tell me dat one. I remember the first day na water she pour me." 
"My friend, I hope it is not hot water?" My father asked him, they both laughed and I couldn't help but giggle too.

"My friend, unless maybe your daughter pours him water that is when he will realize she is serious about him, abi?" Ola kept quiet and didn't say anything. I had a feeling he wanted us to go aside and talk. Then Nancy spoke up.

"Sorry sirs, if I can say something." She politely asked them.

"Go ahead." Ola's father told her.

 "Ola, say your mind now that the two of you are here." My father looked at her and so did Ola's father.

Then as if to help us, she said something that saved the situation.

"Excuse me sirs, maybe they want to talk with each other first."

" A consultation?" My father asked

"Na oracle dey wan go consult?"  Ola's father asked. They laughed leaving me wondering if they took any of this serious.

"Okay o, my friend, what do we do as they want to do consultation?" Ola's father asked my father.

"Well, let's give them a place they can do their consultation." My father replied. The two men started laughing.

"Okay Ola, go with her to the veranda so both of you can talk."

"Thank you Baba. Tola?" I looked at my father and he looked at me. He nodded his agreement and I got up and followed Ola. We left Nancy with the two men and they started an interesting conversation with her.

Sitting in the veranda, I could see her getting along with the two men quite well. This surprised me because in just a short time, she behaved like she had known them for ages. 

She was smiling and this meant she wanted to leave her worries behind. But as for me I wanted this day to end as quickly as it came.